ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Steel Legend fans not working as should

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Steel Legend fans not working as should
    Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 5:52am
I just made a build with X670E Steel Legend + NZXT Kraken Elite 240 RGB,. and a couple of case fans from be quite.

NZXT I connected to CPU_FAN, and case fans to CHA_FAN1,2,3 etc.
And the issue I have now:
NZXT Kraken fans spinning randomly, sometimes they work, sometimes not. I found that when I run A-Tuning app on Windows, they start spinning but the NZXT CAM app can't recognize fans speed, just show n/a.

Also, BIOS randomly shows CHA_FANs. Sometimes it shows only 1st fan, and sometimes all three that I have. I can't set up curves correctly because of that.

BIOS Version: 1.24

I tried to change CPU_FAN1 to CPU_FAN2, change fan mode to WP, PWM to DC, etc.
Nothing works... Any ideas, or should I return MB to the store?
ubronan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubronan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 1:50am
Euhm about the kraken you should check the temp of the cpu if it is does not heat up alot the kraken will not start
The kraken can be forced by its own software where you can set how it behaves
In general when it does find it is not worth spin up the fans it will not start them so my guess it lacks the fan curve setup
Why the case fans not run i can not give you an answer, as i never had any issues with any of my asrock motherboards.
But you said you have more fans so in my mind i start to think you connect more fans on a single fan header or am i wrong?
If that is the case that you can not do so
They lack the power they are for single fan only, you need a fan hub to connect more than one which often have a powercable which has to be connected to the psu

Simaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 3:27am
No, it is not.
I build 4 PCs last time, and all of them work as expected with the same Kraken Elite AIO.
Only AsRock MB has problems, the NZXT soft just can't see fans.
Also, case fans I connected to CHA_FAN randomly disappear sometimes from BIOS and AsRock software.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic