ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to the look of the B85M-ITX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wrinkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrinkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:08am
I have a new B85M-ITX motherboard which has an LGA 1150 Socket. I got a Pentium G3420 which was on the list of apropiate CPUs. It's name is Haswell. When I looked on the underside of the CPU I did not recognize it. It was not a lot of pins like the old CPUs used to have more like a lot of shiny silver with many tiny points. Likewise when I looked at the socket of the MB I did not see all those little pinholes there used to be. More shiny silver and tiny scoops or dips with even tinier holes in the bottom of each dip. Is this wrong?
I put the CPU in the socket right the first time as the notches matched the tabs on each of 2 sides and with my finger on the top center it didn't move with a little pressure in each direction. The two tabs that fit in the notches are a little lower than the top of the CPU. The CPU seems to sit up a little. I put the clamp on and latched it. Then I put the fan on and pressed down on each stud til it clicked in the order they described.
I plugged all the cables into the MB and closed it. Can I safely turn it on?
Xavior
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic