ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DeskMini 310 not start after battery replacement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini 310 not start after battery replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregfred8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini 310 not start after battery replacement
    Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 3:26pm
Hello,

I had to change the battery on the motherboard of my ASRock DeskMini 310.
After purchasing a compatible battery on the internet and making the change, the DeskMini does not start...

By replacing the previous one, and removing the battery, it's the same... the DeskMini does not start...

I managed to boot it with this strange procedure: long press the power button and cut off the power. Then by turning the power back on and press the power button it starts...

But after each poweroff I have to repeat this procedure to start it.

Do you have an idea of ?‹â€‹the problem ?

Thanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 6:01pm
Make sure the new battery is the same polarity as the old one, if it is reversed
it will cause issues like this.
gregfred8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregfred8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Make sure the new battery is the same polarity as the old one, if it is reversed
it will cause issues like this.

Thanks, i will check.

But when i put the old one back i have the same issue.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 6:48pm
Even when you use your trick to make it power back on again? Just replacing it
after a battery with incorrect polarity will not resolve the issue, it needs to have
the error cleared, which is what your "strange procedure" does by the way

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
yujiezhang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yujiezhang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 1:45pm
Any update? I have encountered the same issue after the battery change. I am pretty sure I bought the right battery. I will try to long press the power button and cut off the power, then turn the power back on. Hopefully, it will work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic