ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

990FX Killer wont boot help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fladust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fladust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 990FX Killer wont boot help!
    Posted: 20 May 2016 at 6:40am
I've set it up outside of the case and I still get nothing and i've tried all the rest of the parts on another motherboard so its either the motherboard or processor.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 9:55pm
Make sure you have your ATX 12v (8 pin power connector) connected correctly and that you are not accidentally using an 8 pin PCIe power connector in it. You may also want to check to make sure you have no bent pins on the CPU. At the end of the day when you are not getting POST the best course of action is to strip the system down completely and run the board with just the CPU, 1 stick of RAM and the GPU installed outside of the case. This will rule out shorts on the motherboard tray and allow for quick and easy troubleshooting. 
Fladust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fladust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 7:12pm
Hey sorry for lack of info.

I'm  running windows 10. And I'm trying to install windows 10 from a thumb drive but I'm not even getting the motherboard branding screen or bios options and setting screen that I should get when you first power up.
I'm carrying the memory from the other board and yes its compatible. Its 2x Sector 5 DDR3 1333MHz 8GB (2x4gb) kit. And 2x Patriot G2 series DDR3 1333MHz 8GB (2x4gb) kit.
It's a MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC video card which I carried over from the other board. And I've checked the cables to it and when I power up it's fans power up and run.
I installed a AMD FX 8370 8-Core 4.0GHz AM3+ socket processor.
I've checked unplugged and replugged all cable power cables, PSU, and monitor cables multiple times trying to boot each time. But I don't get any video output to my monitor.

Thanks for any thoughts you might be able to get me. And if you need anymore info just let me know and I will try to get the information back to you fast.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Fladust Fladust wrote:

I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and I start my computer and I get no video output. All the fans and drives spin up but I just get no signal on my monitor. Any ideas why this is happening?

Sorry but almost zero information to go on here. Such as:

Version of Windows? Did you install Windows again for your new board and processor?

Did you use the memory from your other board or PC? Do you know if it is compatible with your board? What model of memory are you using?

What CPU are you using?

Have you checked all the connections to the new board? Both PSU cables? Power cables to your ??? video card? Same video card as before, including cable to the same monitor?
Fladust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fladust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 10:13am
I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and I start my computer and I get no video output. All the fans and drives spin up but I just get no signal on my monitor. Any ideas why this is happening?

Edited by Fladust - 16 May 2016 at 10:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic