ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z790 Livemixer dram red led

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knp54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z790 Livemixer dram red led
    Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 9:46am
Hello all,

I have just completed a build with the asrock z790 livemixer.
I'm struggling it though.
Most of the time when I reboot, I get a solid DRAM red led with a black screen and I have to power cycle multiple times in order to boot into windows or the bios.
Did I buy the wrong ram? Is the ram faulty? Is the motherboard faulty?

I've tried disabling and enabling XMP. I also managed to update the BIOS to the latest version (10.08) on the rare occasion I could get into the bios!
I also tried swapping ram slots (A2 <-> B2) but I haven't tried yet A1 & B1 because in the manual it recommends A2 & B2.

Here are the specs:
cpu: intel i7-12600K not overclocked (yet!)
cooler: Cooler Master ML360 V2 ARGB
mobo: Asrock Z790 Livemixer
ram: Corsair CMH32GX5M2E6000C36 (2x16GB 6000mhz CL36 vengance RGB)
gpu: Asus 4060ti Dual OC
case: Corsair 3000D Airflow RGB
psu: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 watts

PS: The captcha to register on this forum is horrible! It took me about 10 tries to figure out the captcha!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 4:00pm
Make sure your RAM is properly seated, on new boards the slots can be deceptively
tight.
Slots A2 and B2 are correct but if you still have the issue after firmly seating
the RAM you can try them. If the issue goes away in slots A1 and B1 then I would
recommend you RMA the CPU as that would indicate a marginal/bad memory channel on
it.

As for the Capacha, one has to wonder how the spammers still manage to make up
to 10 accounts a day to eat up my time deleting them all....
knp54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knp54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 8:20pm
This morning I tried a windows memory diagnostic with XMP enabled and slots A2/B2. It passed without any failure.

Then I tried slots A1/B1, and I still have a solid red dram led when I reboot.

In order to boot properly, I have to turn off the power supply, turn it back on, press the power button, then the motherboard power cycles a few times until the bios says something like too many boot attempts failed press F2 or del to enter bios or wait for UEFI boot. I wait for the UEFI boot and then it boots into windows!
knp54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knp54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 10:28pm
Did some more troubleshooting steps:

Tried with Ram stick #1 alone.. Same problems.
Tried with Ram stick #2 alone.. no more problems!

I noticed that with ram stick #1 when I can get into the BIOS even though XMP is enabled, the bios says Corsair 16GB (3600)

With ram stick #2, in the bios it says Corsair 16GB (6000)

I guess I have a bad ram stick :( Now I have to RMA it......
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 2:54am
Ouch, good luck with the RMA. Let us know how it goes
Chillout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 1:15am
I have same problem with RAM when loading with XMP profile. The computer will automatically power cycle several times before finally booting past BIOS with red LED light.

BIOS memory setting to AUTO it does not power cycle and red LED is off. I think this is a compatibility problem with Corsair.

My RAM:
CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB)
6000MHz CL40 Intel XMP iCUE Compatible (CMK64GX5M2B6000C40)

My MB: z790 Riptide
knp54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knp54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 7:44am
Oh my ram kit one of the stick has trouble booting with it. Even with memory set to auto (XMP disabled) when it boots, it falls back way down to 3600 MHz. (Windows task manager reports 3600 MHz). So that stick can't even work at the default 4800 MHz!

The other stick works fine at 6000 MHz.

I ordered a new set of the exact same part number and I will be receiving it tomorrow. I hope the new kit works! :)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 11:12pm
Good luck knp54, let us know how it goes
knp54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knp54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 2:53am
New RAM works fine!

Now I have to chat with amazon to get the defective one reimbursed.
Chillout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 9:12pm
Thanks for the update.
I'm outside my return window so the only hope is one day its something that can be fixed with a BIOS software update.

Thankfully, my system runs stable at the lower speeds in AUTO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic