ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 minutes 11 second mce error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asrockrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 minutes 11 second mce error
    Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 12:50am
Out of the blue I started to get an mce errors on a debian based system.

Normally such an error would be accompanied with more verbose information as to help pinpoint the issue as I have all the relevant packages to do so installed.

One can read more about it here. I have also informed asrock rack about this link
to make sure this is NOT an isolated case.

https://github.com/mchehab/rasdaemon/issues/95

I have contacted asrockrack (local netherlands office) and they asked me to check certain things first like updating bios and swapping memory and stuff like that before they would relay the issue to the taiwan head office.

Well I have jumped through all hoops but the issue still remains and the official response is.

"you are the only one with this issue so we did not ask the engineers in taiwan. You can send your board back to the reseller"

I am confused at the moment. Does Asrock not want to find out what is going on here? I mean come on. They made me upgrade to a BIOS that rendered 2 of my CPU's I had as backup useless.

In theory I can downgrade to an older bios but we all know how well that can go so I'd rather not.

Please asrock! lets resolve this in a civilized manner.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic