ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is the ASRock Z690 Extreme Fussy with RAM / Memory
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the ASRock Z690 Extreme Fussy with RAM / Memory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KuchKuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the ASRock Z690 Extreme Fussy with RAM / Memory
    Posted: 15 Oct 2023 at 1:23am
I've recently got myself a Z690 Extreme with Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4-RAM 3600 MHz 2x 16 GB (CMK32GX4M2D3600C18) and have put the RAM into slots A2 and B2, however my system refused to boot.

On the Post Status Checker the DRAM light remains on.

The system seems to boot if I do the following:
- Have one stick in the B2 Slot
- Have one stick in the B1 Slot and another in the B2 slot

However the system seems unstable as whenever I run MemTest86, the system crashes and reboots.

I've tried replacing the RAM with the same Brand and Model, but run into the same issue.

Any ideas inm terms of what maybe the issue?
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2023 at 2:49am
Looking at the manual (https://download.asrock.com/Manual/Z690%20Extreme.pdf p18) they should be in A2 and B2.
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2023 at 2:55am
can't edit, but did you load xmp profile, did you try setting the voltage manually?
KuchKuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KuchKuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2023 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Darkje Darkje wrote:

can't edit, but did you load xmp profile, did you try setting the voltage manually?

If I put the memory sticks in A2 and B2, I can't even get into the BIOS. Therefore I can't do this.

I just get no signal on my monitor when the sticks are in A2 and B2. Its only if I have a stick in B2 that I can even boot into the BIOS.
salt17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salt17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 9:33pm
I'm having the same issue what did you find out?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:14pm
If RAM is only working in one bank (A1 and A2 or B1 and B2) then most often the
issue is a defective CPU. This means there is a faulty/dead memory channel on the
CPU itself. The memory controller resides on the CPU.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic