ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock z170 oc formula + g.skill trident z

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizardonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock z170 oc formula + g.skill trident z
    Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:38am
Hi, i have a problem, i have the z170 oc formula, and a g.skill ram http://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c15d-16gtzb, on site there are qvl with a mainboard, But i cant start the system with the xmp profile, il rebot 3 times and go ti 2133 mode...

Edited by wizardonline - 19 May 2016 at 8:38am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 1:40pm
QUOTE=wizardonline]Hi, i have a problem, i have the z170 oc formula, and a g.skill ram http://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c15d-16gtzb, on site there are qvl with a mainboard, But i cant start the system with the xmp profile, il rebot 3 times and go ti 2133 mode...[/QUOTE]

What UEFI/BIOS version are you using in your Z170 OC Formula?

Your G.SKILL 3000C15D-16GTZB memory, is two 8GB DIMMs. Are you using just one kit, 16GB total?

You should be using the A2 and B2 memory slots, the two black slots.

I have an ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ board, and I use G.SKILL F4-3200C16-8GTZB memory.

I can run the memory at 3200 on this board, but the G.SKILL XMP profile does not work for me too. I don't know why, some of the XMP data might be bad, or the UEFI/BIOS has a problem.

This is what I do to get the memory working at the XMP speed in the UEFI/BIOS:

Select the XMP profile in the Load XMP Setting option. I do this even though it does not seem to work completely.

Everything else I do, which is below, is NOT a normal procedure IMO. We should not need to do all of this, it should be done by the XMP profile. Again, I don't know why the XMP profile does not work.

In the same screen, DRAM Configuration, click on the DRAM Tweaker option. That lets you select all the timing settings by checking each one, and then click Ok. Be sure to click on the correct column of timings, it should be the one on the right side.

Next go to the Voltage Configuration screen, in the OC Tweaker screen. Set the DRAM Voltage to 1.35V. Set VCCIO Voltage to 1.120V. Set VCCSA Voltage to 1.160V. You might need to increase VCCIO and/or VCCSA a little more if the PC won't boot.

Save and exit the UEFI, and see if the PC boots.

If it does not boot on the first try, go back into the UEFI, make sure all the settings you did before are the same. Then in the DRAM Configuration screen, at the bottom, scroll way down, find the MRC Fast Boot option. Set this to Disabled if it is Enabled. That allows memory training to happen. If the PC boots fine after changing this option, let it have a few more cold starts/boot, which is when memory training happens. You can then set MRC Fast Boot back to Disabled, to speed up startup.

Let use know if this works for you, good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic