ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z790-C MIC Audio issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ih8myjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z790-C MIC Audio issues
    Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 3:31pm
Forgive me if this has been asked, I searched, maybe not well enough but found nothing to help me.

My issue is whether using front or rear jacks, my microphone (on multiple headsets) transmits all audio my pc is playing, muted or not. It happens in all programs (discord, skype, voice recorder).

I have read that the realtek audio console resolves that issue for some people but I cannot download it from the windows app store to save my life. "we have experienced an issue on our end".

I have updated the drivers to the latest ASRock drivers provided on the boards page. https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/All/Audio/Realtek_Audio(v9360.1_WHQL_RTK).zip

I have checked all the easily missed things, the microphone is not listening to anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a handful of times.

I am at a total loss and its PROBABLY something super easy but I just cant find it.

Again I apologize if this has been answered before, but any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 7:18pm
Make sure you don't have "Stereo Mix" enabled and set as your default recording
device.
ih8myjob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ih8myjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 9:44pm
Yup all audio devices are selected properly.

I can even disable all audio output and the mic will still transmit all audio that should ve playing.

It's so weird.
ih8myjob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ih8myjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 1:02am
So the issue has been isolated down to the system not having Realtek audio console.

The drivers asrock provides doesnt include it. Windows app store won't let me download it directly because of a driver conflict with it. I've tried generic drivers.

This headset works on an identical rig with a msi board that has Realtek audio control and I can check the settings required.

Does anyone have any information on how to get RAC to work with this motherboard, or am I going to have to return it and swap it out?
Luis Guz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Guz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 10:25am
hi, I discovered a pretty similar issue on my board, I had to unplug the HD audio board header and plug it back. If that does not work, I checked beforehand drivers, that BIOS had it enabled, which all of it did. Hope that works on you!
Luis Guz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Guz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 10:27am
also it happened around the moment I updated Windows, so probably will work uninstall most recent updates.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic