ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Odd Cold Boot Issues - Mobo or CPU£

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 9:39am
Originally posted by linkinkampf19 linkinkampf19 wrote:

Thanks Xaltar. I've put together my old rig for the time being, with the good additions being the 2TB m.2 and 7800XT. I've also submitted an RMA request to AMD, as I'm completely stumped on if this is board or proc. Hopefully I find it out through the processes of both ASRock and AMD.

Regarding such, are you aware the turn-around time on these technical requests at ASRock? Any chance of an average wait time on response? I understand if you don't know or aren't privy to that information.

Thanks again for the support.

Try using bios version n1.28 or 1.30, I had a similar cold boot problem where I would get just a blank screen and have to hit the reset button. Going to the earlier bios versions solved it.
ASRock X670E Steel legend
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
GSkill FlareX 5 DDR-5 6000
Sound Blaster AE-5
linkinkampf19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkinkampf19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2023 at 11:15pm
Sorry for the not-much-of-a-necro necro. Have an update as I finally had some time to put everything back together. I got the Ryzen 7700 RMA'ed through AMD, and received a brand new 7700 CPU in box in its place. Just put it all back together yesterday. At first I was having phantom issues, thinking "oh, there's no way things could still be bad". Well, sadly, I was wrong. I saw minor stuttr and tired to shake it as the above, so I rebooted. The new processor is noticeably better. I was able to properly OC my DDR5 6000 to the rated speeds with no issue, Prime95 running through multiple tests with no failures whatsoever. Another ~7+ hours upon that 2nd boot of pretty heavy gaming (A StoryWealth Fallout 4). This morning, however, I decided I'd boot up and head back to sleep to see for the cold boot stability. Upon waking ~1hr later, I noted the USB dropouts were back, and Event Viewer reporting Bluetooth crashes and the driver being unloaded. Okay, I've seen that before, and I don't have to use BT. Physically removed the BT adapter, and I'm on the first "hot" boot, so I'm still keeping an eye, and will check for stability next cold boot.

Also, still have heard absolutely nothing from ASRock except for the auto-response. Looks like I'll be jumping ship to another reputable brand. Two PG Riptide boards in a row with these issues. I really though I had it whittled down to the CPU. Thought maybe the first CPU was "damaged" from the bent pins on the first board. Just... UGH. Really getting tired of this.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2023 at 1:43am
Ouch, sorry to hear you are still having issues with this.
linkinkampf19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkinkampf19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 5:12am
Necroing my own thread.

I was able to get the Ryzen 7700 replaced via RMA from AMD. However the freezing and USB stuttering was still occurring. I was able to properly clock my RAM to 6000MT/s which was nice, but the issue came back within the typical 5-10 min period, was to say the least was disappointing. I submitted a 3rd request to ASRock support, so hopefully any info I missed or whatever is able to be looked at.

Thank you to all who assisted me so far with this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic