FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z790 Taichi Lite - Gen14 compatibility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z790 Taichi Lite - Gen14 compatibility
    Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 11:11pm
Brilliant, glad to hear it

Enjoy the new build
klenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 10:48pm
I just bought this board. My box has a sticker added to the front that said something like "ready for 14th gen.." and it was. worked right out of the box with i7-14700k.
willbirr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willbirr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 7:53pm
Thank you for the information provided!
I'm curious to know, even though the BIOS revision isn't explicitly listed on the box, if there's a way to indirectly determine this information, perhaps through the motherboard's manufacturing date. Is there an official date indicating when new motherboards started to be produced with BIOS version 2.09?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 11:21pm
Not on the box as far as I am aware but on the board itself there is usually a white
sticker on the BIOS ROM with the version number printed on it.

Your best bet may be to inquire with the store you are buying from directly and ask
them to make sure it has the correct BIOS for you.
willbirr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willbirr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 8:02pm
Hi all!
Is there any way to know, by the box, what is the BIOS version of the motherboard? I'm planning on assembling a new system with Z790 Taichi Lite and a 14th generation processor, but I don't have a 13th generation to proceed with Bios upgrade, so I needed version 2.09 from the box...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic