ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to find updated Intel Management Engine£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fede4justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to find updated Intel Management Engine£
    Posted: 30 Nov 2023 at 3:18am
Z790 Steel Legend
i7 13700k
Windows 11 64bit - Full Updated
RAM F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZ5RK

When I restart my pc, it shuts down completely for a couple of seconds (the LEDs go out and the fans stop), and then it turns back on. This had never happened before this week. Apparently it happened after last BIOS update, but i'm not sure about this, because i noticed it just a couple of days ago.
I've usually seen things like this happen in other PCs in the past but under heavy overclocks only, but in my case the CPU is stock, and the ram, while not stock, hasn't been modified in months, plus it runs at 6400mhz rather than its 8000mhz XMP (the motherboard won't boot with 8000).

Fastboot is already disabled, from bios, from control panel and from windows registry.

I read on the internet that the problem might be that I updated the bios without updating the intel management engine, both the windows driver and the firmware for the bios, and actually i didn't do it.

The problem is that in the support section of my motherboard I find only very old versions for the ME, dating back to 2022, while I have noticed that for far less expensive motherboards, such as the B760m steel legend, there are versions of the ME updated as of last week. Where can I find them? I will probably solve the problem by updating these two things. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic