ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X99 WS doesn't have a buzzer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airbus480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X99 WS doesn't have a buzzer?
    Posted: 24 May 2016 at 8:57pm
I've been using this mobo for a year and finally enabled the beep sound in UEFI but I have not heard the beep sound during POST.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 9:17pm
You need to connect a PC speaker. Very few motherboards come with a speaker built in, likely in part due to the magnetic properties of a speaker and potential for data corruption I would imagine. 
Airbus480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airbus480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:04pm
Well a speaker is connected to my PC. I'll try again.
Airbus480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airbus480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:12pm
I hibernated my computer then turned it on again but I didn't hear the beep sound I double checked the UEFI and the beep sound is enabled
BIOS v3.1
Perhaps it may have to do with the hibernate? I enabled the beep sound in UEFI when I hibernated my computer just like what I did just now to test the beep sound.

Edited by Airbus480 - 24 May 2016 at 10:16pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:28pm
The PC speaker is independent of the onboard sound. There is a 4 pin header near the power, reset and indicator LED headers on the board that it must be connected to. The information about the header should be in your user manual.
Airbus480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airbus480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:57pm
I see I misunderstood what were you talking about. I actually need the PC Speaker aka case speaker . 
I can't seem to find a case speaker in my mobo box so am I right to assume that X99 WS doesn't come with a case speaker to plug it in the mobo?

Edited by Airbus480 - 24 May 2016 at 11:00pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 11:13pm
The case speaker most often comes with the case itself though many today do not bother including one. Sometimes it is a small short black cylinder connected to 2 short wires that terminate in a connection that fits the motherboard header, usually found in the packet of screws provided with the case.
Airbus480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airbus480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 11:19pm
Thanks I just read my case manual and no mention of case speaker in the package contents
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 11:22pm
Here is one on newegg though the price is ridiculous Shocked

My local part store usually sells them for about 1 euro.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 1:30am
The current situation regarding POST "beep" speakers is they are supplied with your PC case accessories, if they include one.

I can't recall a mother board including the POST beep speaker for quite a while.

At one time, mother boards had built in POST beep speakers, but that is no longer typical, if done at all.

I've purchased these little speakers in the USA for less than $2 each. Fry's has them, if you have a Fry's store locally.

Xaltar, I agree that beep speaker from Newegg is priced beyond belief! That's what I call a desperation price. I couldn't find any others either at Newegg. Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic