ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyper Quad on Taichi and General Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F#ckasrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyper Quad on Taichi and General Feedback
    Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 5:46am
Let's start with the thing that I help with. I have a Taichi TRX40 with HyperQuad. I have three M.2 SSDs inserted into the HyperQuad on PCIe 4. I have no idea what those stupid switches are supposed to do and the documentation is garbage.

When I set 4x4x4x4 inside UEFI, the damn board freezes on the ASRock screen that says press F2 or delete to run UEFI setup.

Ive done this on both PCIe slot 3 and 4. Same result. Ive tried with SW1 on and off. Ive tried numerous other settings combinations.

Moreover, I want to comment that the documentation on the Taichi is absolute garbage, and the startup time being 30 seconds is completely unacceptable. Ive owned this board for 4 years, and I swear to god I'll never buy another Asrock board. Ever.

It's often difficult to get it to recognize bootable devices, requiring multiple reboots or tweaking the menu. It often completely neglects my boot order.

Honestly, just cant take Asrock seriously woth this kind of crap.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic