ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Use temperature sensor on B650e taichi lite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Use temperature sensor on B650e taichi lite
    Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 10:03pm
Is there a recommended place to plug in a 2-pin temperature sensor to a B650e Taichi Lite?

I recently build a completely new computer with a ASRock B650e Taichi Lite Motherboard and a customer water-cooling loop. Every thing seems to be in working order. The system has posted, no water leaks, I've installed windows, all parts are detected, and thermals look good.

The water pump came with a 2-pin water temperature sensor and I just can't seem to figure out where I'm supposed to connect it to the motherboard. I looked at every page of the user manual and I don't see mention of any headers for use with a 2-pin connection (other than the clear CMOS jumper, which didn't seem like a good idea).

I'd really like to control my radiator fans based off water temperature. Did I miss something? Can I plug the 2-pin connector into a fan header? Is there a cheap adapter I can find somewhere?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 12:37am
What water pump are you using?
Rattmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 1:30am
I have a Corsair XD5 water pump, which comes with a G1/4 thread water temperature sensor. I'm also using a Corsair PWM repeater that came with the 5000D airflow to control ten Arctic P12 PWM fans.

The pump and fans appear to be fully up and running. I can control pump/fan speeds using the CPU temp, but I'd much rather use water temp.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/custom-liquid-cooling/cx-9040002-ww/hydro-x-series-xd5-rgb-pump-reservoir-combo-cx-9040002-ww#tab-packagecontents

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/pc-components-accessories/cc-8900310/carbide-275q-6-port-4-pin-pwm-repeater-cc-8900310

https://www.arctic.de/us/P12-PWM/ACFAN00119A?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAqNSsBhAvEiwAn_tmxWaA8dyX7oEQeilCEgBDbHn7R6WifNl-JwDJWVmS15B6wLDjtQl6kBoCf30QAvD_BwE
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 7:30am
Looking at Corsair's installation guide video for your pump/res combo it looks like
it requires Corsair's "Commander Pro" module to be used. I have not seen any boards,
outside of specialty (workstation/server) boards, that support external temp sensors.

It seems Corsair includes the sensor for use with their own cases that come with
the Commander Pro included or, if you are not using a case with it included, require
you to buy one.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic