ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

b40m pro4 ram issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raelynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: b40m pro4 ram issues
    Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 10:44am
I have been using my b40m pro4 since 2021 with two 8gb corsair vengeance ram sticks in the two slots closest to the cpu. I was unaware of how dual channeling worked and that I was supposed to separate the sticks. Now I have purchased two more 8gb sticks of the same type of ram.

I am aware they they are different versions as stated on the back of the ram sticks and set them up according to dual channeling. After doing so I realized that half of my ram was stuck in hardware reserve. I have tried every orientation of ram sticks but either a half or three fourths of the ram is stuck in hardware reserve. I have tried every software fix for hardware reserve under the sun and none of them have worked.

I tried to boot with only one stick and found it only boots when in the two closest slots to the cpu. When I boot with only one stick in the further two slots it restarts over and over.

Additionally I've heard my cpu's memory controller is bad. I am running a Ryzen 5 1600 6-core processor.

Is possibly an issue with the cpu, or is it most likely a mobo issue? Are there any solutions I could try that isn't replacing them or should I bite the bullet?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic