ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!! RX 7900 XT Terrible Customer Assistance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplintEastwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!! RX 7900 XT Terrible Customer Assistance
    Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 5:01am
Please help!

I purchased a RX 7900XT Feb of '23. After about 3 to 4 months of use the card began suffering from stability issues in VR and started crashing my system. I RMAed my card and received a new one in the mail. That card was DOA. I RMAed that card and was sent a new card. That card was fine until it also stated experiencing stability issues around November '23. I RMAed that card and just received my 4th card. After 2 days worth of use that card has now had a display port die.

I called and spoke with someone and received TERRIBLE!!!! Customer service. When I called in a spoke with the woman who answers the phone. When I explained the situation and that I really did not want an additional card that was (probably) going to die on me again she informed me that ASRock doesn't do refunds. I asked to speak to someone higher and she told me there wasn't anyone higher. I requested to speak to anyone including the person who signed her pay checks and she laughed at me and told me I wasn't going to be speaking with anyone higher in the company. Then she suggested that the issue was with my system not the card and routed me to technical support.

I fail to see how a DOA card and a dead display port are my system configuration. Please if you are a manager in the company reach out to me! This has been handled so terribly!

System:
ASUS B550-A
Ryzen 5900
RX 7900 XT
Corsair Vengeance RGB 16 x4
980 Pro SSD 1TB
WD Blue 1TB SSDs x2
Seagate 4tB 5400 RPM HDD
Corsair H1000i
Corsair H100i
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 3:28pm
Sorry to hear about your woes. If you were RMAing directly with ASRock then I am
afraid that is just how it goes, regardless of manufacturer. Only the place of purchase
can offer a refund, ASRock is a manufacturer not a retail outlet.

To be clear, I am not speaking for ASRock here, I am just a moderator but I have
been in this business a long time and generally speaking, once you are past your
return window a refund is out of the question. The fact that you have been granted
multiple RMAs means they are doing their best to help you.

The woman on the phone is likely bound by company policy and most likely would
have been fired for passing your query up the chain.

Again, sorry to hear about your issues, there is nothing worse than persistent
and repeated issues but when pursuing a refund it needs to be with the retail
outlet you purchased the item from and this is always subject to a return window.
The manufacturer is only liable for warranty returns and AFAIK, that does not
cover refunds.

Your best bet is to either pursue another RMA or live with the dead port.
Good luck and here's hoping your issue is resolved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic