ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resizable Bar Activation on Z390 Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FirefoxSystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resizable Bar Activation on Z390 Pro4
    Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 8:13pm
Hi everyone.

Since it took me a long time to come up with the solution, I'm sharing it with the community.

After installing an NVidia RTX 3060 TI graphics card, I was unable to activate the C.A.M. option, which allows you to exploit at least the speed of the PCIe 3.0 bus, in any way.

Solution

As visible in the image above it seems that the latest version of the Bios is v4.70 of 2021/4/7 and that 4.70B [BETA] of 2021/4/1 is a pre release released 6 days earlier.

In fact, checking the dates of the Bios files contained in the downloaded .zip files it is clear that the dates of the two versions of the Bios are the following:

??Z390P4_4.70 2021/1/20
??Z390P4_4.70B 2021/3/31 = latest version (70 days later)

So the latest version of the bios, the one that adds the C.A.M. option. (Clever Acces Memory) or ?œRisizable Bar??on the Z390 Pro4 is 4.70B.
If you rely on the date in the Bios list it seems exactly the opposite.
In fact, I had skipped version 4.70B and installed 4.70 thinking it was the latest version.

Immediately after updating to version 4.07B I was able to activate the reBar as expected.

FirefoxSystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FirefoxSystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 8:48pm

If you see that the speed of the Bus does not seem to have changed even after the activation of the C.A.M. this is due to the energy saving of the PCIe Bus, to check that everything is working just click on the question mark next to the Bus Interface field and start the animation.

Hi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic