ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z790 Pro RS/D4 won't reboot.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z790 Pro RS/D4 won't reboot.
    Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 12:58pm
Have BIOS v9.04 installed.

CPU - Intel i7-12700K
Memory - Corsair VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 64GB (2x32GB) 3200MHz CL16 Intel XMP 2.0 - (CMK64GX4M2E3200C16)
CPU Heatsink - Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black, 120mm Single-Tower CPU Cooler
GPU - Using video chipset on the motherboard.

It will boot up and go into the BIOS but when I select to exit and choose Save Changes and Exit, it will act like it has exited the BIOS & just sit there with a black screen. I end up holding down the power button to shut it completely off. I will press the power button again & it will boot up.

I talked to Eric@asrockamerica.com via tech support & he feels that because I didn't have an storage drive nor an operating system installed, that is the reason why it won't reboot. I disagree for the fact that I am in the BIOS. Why does the BIOS need a storage drive nor an operating system just to reboot? Doesn't say anything about this issue in the manual nor have I found anything in their FAQ or these forums.

I installed a Kingston NV2 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD | PCIe 4.0 Gen 4x4 which is recognized in the BIOS then installed Windows 11 on it. At the end of the first step of the installation process, it says it needs to reboot to continue the installation. Well, it goes to a black screen but it never returns to the installation process. I have to turn the computer off, turn it back on for it to continue the installation process.

I feel Eric doesn't like me asking questions and I'm going to get stuck with a possibly defective motherboard so what should I do next to fix the lack of rebooting issue? Clear CMOS? I appreciate any help that is provided.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic