ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

N68C-GS-FX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlyreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N68C-GS-FX
    Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 9:09am
Is there any way or even a slight possibility to install a realtek audio driver with this board? VIA HD audio sucks actually, i really need help on this thanks for any advice!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 10:39am
Why would installing a Realtek audio driver help you with your VIA VT1705 audio chip on your board?

Let me guess (which I must do, since you've told us almost nothing), you're using Windows 10?

I have Realtek audio chips in my ASRock boards, and personally I think the Realtek driver, or more specifically, the Realtek HD Audio Manager software is almost worthless.

It give us Sound Effects, called Environments. Among them, Padded Cell, Bathroom, Cave, Alley, Forest, Parking Lot, Sewer Pipe, or Under Water, to name some of the utterly useless options. I might have enjoyed playing with these when I was ten years old, but otherwise... seriously?

The VIA VT1705 audio chip doesn't look to bad to me. It supports six channels (5.1), with three, two channel DACS with 24 bit resolution and 192kHz sampling rate. Multiple headphone outputs, multiple microphone inputs, 100DB SNR on the audio outputs. It support Dolby Home Theater and DTS Connect.

So what is so bad about the VIA HD audio in your board? What would a Realtek driver change or do for you?

Here's a link to a guy that provides drivers for VIA chipsets. He has one for Windows 8, although we have no idea what OS you are using:

http://www.via-drivers.com/download-VT1705-sound-driver-for-Windows8-64bit.html
xlyreb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlyreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 11:37am
Thank you for your quick response sir, 

Actually I'm using W7 OS but i just can't find my satisfaction on VIA 

I get used to realtek setting up 3 3.5mm jacks for (Pink,Blue,Green) 5.1 surround sound which i can literally change the output from realtek without using HDMI. and this VIA sound driver doesn't cut it actually sound is very weak even adjusted to max. just wanted to know if there are any possibilities regarding this.. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic