FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Fatal1ty B85 network connection issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Fatal1ty B85 network connection issue
    Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by ianchesh ianchesh wrote:

Under events information it says, "Device PCI \VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_8C3A1849&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 was configured. Driver name: null"

This is the Intel IME. Have you installed the proper/correct IME drivers for the BIOS revision the MB is running?

Same Code 28 occurs when I look at the Ethernet controller.

Under events information it says, "Device PCI \VEN_1969&DEV_E091&SUBSYS_E0911849&REV_10\4&2af7fc7&0&00E3 was configured. Driver name: null"

UGH!

This too may be due to the lack of IME drivers not having been installed.

This is the Killer E2200 NIC. The latest drivers can be found at http://www.killernetworking.com/product-support/driver-downloads
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 11:53am
There is no need to enable a LAN card used in a PCIe or PCI slot, it should just work.

You can disable the onboard LAN in the Chipset Configuration screen, setting the Onboard LAN option to Disabled.
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 6:39am
Thank you for the suggestions above. Nothing has worked thus far.

"You won't find item 1 in the Programs and Features list. Look for an entry in the C:\Program Files\Intel folder, a folder named Intel Chipset Device Software. If the folder is not there, the Intel INF files were never installed. That is NOT good." - This folder is missing.

Getting into BIOS I don't see any area where I can disable or activate any LAN cards.

All of the drivers I have attempted to install have changed nothing. :(

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP! I may just get a new motherboard...
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 9:31am

I tried that, I'm not given any option to remove or modify.

I also checked BIOS, everything looked right to me.

There isn't an error, it just doesn't show up and neither do any networks. It lists "Ethernet Controller" next to a yellow exclamation point. It doesn't provide any information about it at all. :(

If you double click the entry in Device Manager, the Properties window will open. It should list an error code for a device with a yellow !.

The Atheros LAN driver installation package is the SAME download file for ALL versions of Windows, from 7 up to 10. The 32 bit and 64 bit download file listings are also the SAME download file.

If the Atheros LAN driver download file for this board is the wrong file, which we have not heard from Fatal1ty B85 board owners, then the download file from another ASRock board with the same Atheros LAN chip could be used.

Put the TP-Link PCI Express network adapter in. It won't let me update this either, even though I've got a disk and the drivers to do it.

I attemped to install Atheros_LAN (v1.1.56.1651) but after I choose english and hit next it pops up with an error saying, "This installation does not support Windows 8."

When I go to Device Manager and look under Other devices I see: Ethernet Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller and Unknown device.

I assume the PCI Simple Com Controller is the TP-Link, I navigate to properties and under General, Device status it says, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Under events information it says, "Device PCI \VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_8C3A1849&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 was configured. Driver name: null"

Under events information it says, "Device PCI \VEN_1969&DEV_E091&SUBSYS_E0911849&REV_10\4&2af7fc7&0&00E3 was configured. Driver name: null"

UGH!

Hardware that is classified in Device Manager as Other Devices, cannot be identified in the usual ways by Windows. Usually that is due to a missing driver, or the INF files that may be installed by a driver installation package.

Given your list of Other Devices, and the installation problems you have, questions for you:

Do you install mother board drivers and software from the board's disk, or manually by downloading them from your board's download page, and running the installation programs?

If you use the disk, do you think you have all the basic drivers and software installed?

If you install all drivers manually (or not), did you run the following installation programs, or verify that the software or drivers were installed in the Windows Programs and Features option (assuming you use Windows 8):

1. The Intel INF/chipset file installation program, INF driver ver:10.1.1.8.

2. The Intel Management Engine software, Intel Management Engine driver ver:9.5.14.1724.

You won't find item 1 in the Programs and Features list. Look for an entry in the C:\Program Files\Intel folder, a folder named Intel Chipset Device Software. If the folder is not there, the Intel INF files were never installed. That is NOT good.

Item 2 will be listed in the Programs and Features list.

When you run any driver installation program, you should be left clicking the program and choosing Run as administrator.

About using the new network adapter card, did you disable the Atheros LAN in the UEFI/BIOS? If not, do that, Save and Exit, and try installing the TP-Link driver again. The installation file should be run from the C: drive. Copy it to the user Downloads folder and run it from there.

I'm surprised that the Windows 8 installation did not have a generic network driver for the Atheros 2200 LAN chip. If the board was connected to the Internet during or after the Win 8 installation, that driver should have been installed. Confused

I get the feeling there is something very basic that is wrong here, and not at the driver level of the Atheros LAN chip. Possibly something that we are not aware of... Pinch
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 5:57am
Checking back on any ideas here.
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 3:33am
Put the TP-Link PCI Express network adapter in. It won't let me update this either, even though I've got a disk and the drivers to do it.

I attemped to install Atheros_LAN (v1.1.56.1651) but after I choose english and hit next it pops up with an error saying, "This installation does not support Windows 8."

When I go to Device Manager and look under Other devices I see: Ethernet Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller and Unknown device.

I assume the PCI Simple Com Controller is the TP-Link, I navigate to properties and under General, Device status it says, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

UGH!
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 4:47am
I tried that, I'm not given any option to remove or modify.

I also checked BIOS, everything looked right to me.

There isn't an error, it just doesn't show up and neither do any networks. It lists "Ethernet Controller" next to a yellow exclamation point. It doesn't provide any information about it at all. :(
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 12:58pm
Did you notice the Installation guide link in the description of the Killer LAN driver? I know it refers to Windows 10, but worth a look:

http://www.asrock.com/support/note/KillerLan(v1.1.52.1451).pdf

Otherwise, the drivers suggested by Xaltar are the same ones supplied with other ASRock boards that use the Qualcomm® Atheros® Killer??E2200 Series LAN chip.

You didn't disable it in BIOS for some reason?

What error is shown in Device Manager for the E2200 LAN chip?
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 9:48am
I'm just waiting for my new PCI network adaptor to show up now.
ianchesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianchesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 1:20am
I did that one as well. Same issue with it says it doesn't work with Windows 8.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic