ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New H110M-DGS seems dead?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregfreemyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New H110M-DGS seems dead?
    Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 8:23am
I've just built up a H110M-DGS based system.

When I push the power button on the front of the chassis, power light lights up and the case and cpu fans start running.

No other indications of life from the MB.

Parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dCZJxY

I went with silent PSU and CPU cooler fans that don't run until needed, so there not running doesn't necessarily mean anything.

- case and CPU an spin
- No LEDs on the MB (that I see).
- No video
- No beep codes.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 1:21pm
Do you have a cable from the PSU connected to the 4/8 pin ATX 12V CPU power connector on the board? The board/CPU won't start without it connected.

Did you connect a beep speaker to the board? One is not built in.

Your memory may not be compatible, despite what PC Parts Picker tells you. Normally DDR4 memory should default to 2133 or 1866, your memory is 2400. That model is not listed in your board's Memory Support list. 16GB modules are more difficult for the IMC to deal with. Try using one DIMM instead of two and see if the board starts.

If you connect a network cable from an active router to the board's network jack, the LEDs next to the jack should light up, as long as the PSU is turned on.
gregfreemyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregfreemyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 10:37pm
Many thanks, I had failed to connect the ATX 12V CPU power cable.

Windows 8.1 is installing now, so hopefully the RAM will be fine even though it is capable of running at higher clock speeds than the MB. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic