ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED] Suspend Skylake Fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Suspend Skylake Fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
def View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote def Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 3:35am
Always, haven't heard anything from them for a long time. But I found a new problem with the mainboard. Sometimes randomly the CPU fan stops working and there is a high-pitched sound instead. The only solution is to restart the computer.
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 3:16am
I got a response and a new BIOS (2.10E) from Asrock.
However this new BIOS doesn't solve the problem and makes it worse (the display doesn't work anymore as with BIOS < 2.1).

For Asrock, with this new BIOS 2.10E, the board should be able to resume from S3 (suspend) and they advise to order a new board.

Anyone else interested in testing this BIOS 2.10E ?
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 3:16am
By the way in Windows 10, you can see the TSC desynchronisation effect by disabling HPET in the BIOS.
Normally you won't be able to suspend/resume anymore (it will go through a reboot).
Which means Windows tried to also switch to HPET after suspend/resume (but since HPET is disabled, it couldn't).
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 3:14am
Ok I tried flashing this BIOS and I still have the same problem (TSC deactivation).
Brad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 8:29am
Yes, please report back.  

I've been patiently waiting for an updated BIOS.  Although, v1.8 has been working fine for me.  I do not see any ill effects on Win 10 regarding the TSC/HPET issue.

Edited by Brad - 10 Jul 2016 at 8:29am
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 5:14am
Hello Brad,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
With BIOS 1.8 I cannot suspend/resume at all.
With BIOS 2.1 I can suspend/resume but only one time. And even for this one time, I got the TSC/HPET problem.

I will try the BIOS that def send me and report how it goes.
Brad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 10:45pm
Jessie,

On your original post you said you had problems resuming from suspend on Bios 2.1.

Now you say you can resume from suspend on Bios 2.1.

What has changed? Did the fresh install of Win 10 fix it?

Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 4:49pm
Perhaps you can send it to me ? Or drop it somewhere where I can download it ?
I can resume from suspend with a BIOS 2.1.

Edited by Jessie - 09 Jul 2016 at 4:49pm
def View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote def Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 4:40pm
No idea, I'm really not a Windows guy. But they sent me a new BIOS version that's supposed to fix the TSC issue, I just can't test it because nothing newser than 1.8 can resume from suspend for me.
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:12am
Ok. I have reinstalled Windows 10 in order to reproduce the problem with Windows 10 (otherwise Asrock will ignore me).
Do you have any idea how to check for TSC/HPET synchronization issues on Windows 10 ?
I have no idea how to look at the logs after resume.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic