ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED] Suspend Skylake Fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Suspend Skylake Fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 8:29am
Yes, please report back.  

I've been patiently waiting for an updated BIOS.  Although, v1.8 has been working fine for me.  I do not see any ill effects on Win 10 regarding the TSC/HPET issue.

Edited by Brad - 10 Jul 2016 at 8:29am
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 3:14am
Ok I tried flashing this BIOS and I still have the same problem (TSC deactivation).
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 3:16am
By the way in Windows 10, you can see the TSC desynchronisation effect by disabling HPET in the BIOS.
Normally you won't be able to suspend/resume anymore (it will go through a reboot).
Which means Windows tried to also switch to HPET after suspend/resume (but since HPET is disabled, it couldn't).
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 3:16am
I got a response and a new BIOS (2.10E) from Asrock.
However this new BIOS doesn't solve the problem and makes it worse (the display doesn't work anymore as with BIOS < 2.1).

For Asrock, with this new BIOS 2.10E, the board should be able to resume from S3 (suspend) and they advise to order a new board.

Anyone else interested in testing this BIOS 2.10E ?
def View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote def Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 3:35am
Always, haven't heard anything from them for a long time. But I found a new problem with the mainboard. Sometimes randomly the CPU fan stops working and there is a high-pitched sound instead. The only solution is to restart the computer.
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 4:33am
Ok I send you the new BIOS in a private message.

I've never had this CPU fan problem. It seems like a valid case for sending it back.
Brad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 5:56am
Jessie,

Are you going to return the board since v2.10E doesn't work?

Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 5:18pm
I've contacted my dealer in order to know what to do.
But I think I will have to return it.
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 7:54am
Just received another board from my dealer: same problem as before (reset at second boot).
I've tried with BIOS 1.8, BIOS 2.1 and the just release BIOS 2.3: same problem.

Has anyone tried the BIOS 2.3 on their board ? Has it solve the sleep/wakeup problem ?
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 6:57pm
Interesting answer from Asrock: they would like to borrow my system do debug further !
That's very unusual from a big company and I appreciate it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic