ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock Z790 PG Riptide PCIE Gen 5 x16 does not wor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z790 PG Riptide PCIE Gen 5 x16 does not wor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danechek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z790 PG Riptide PCIE Gen 5 x16 does not wor
    Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 4:54am
Motherboard: ASRock Z790 PG Riptide (I bought two of these, both have the same problem);
GPU: RTX 4070/4070 Ti;
PSU: two different 750W Bronze and Gold;
CPU: 13600KF;
RAM: G.Skill 5200 MHz 16x2 CL36/6400 16x2 CL32;
SSD: I tried two new KC3000, thinking that the problem was in them.

I am assembling two computers for 4070 and 4070 Ti with 13600KF and the same motherboards - Z790 PG Riptide.

After much manipulation, I realized that the problem is with the matplate in the Gen5 x16 lines slot - the video card is not detected correctly in it. Windows gives an error that it cannot detect the graphics adapter and restarts pc. Or just black screens and reboots altogether.

As a result, I installed the video card in the Gen 4 x4 line slot (slot x16) - the video card works, but in 4-line mode. And then, when you turn on the computer, there are moments when the picture disappears, as the system loses connection with the graphics adapter, but as a result it works and there are no reboots.
But using a pcie x4 line mode graphics card in the lower slot literally lying on the case does not suit me??

What should I do? Two identical boards and the same problem. I saw a similar topic here where other people wrote about this problem on this board back in 2022. Is it still not fixed?

On one motherboard, I updated the BIOS to the latest version, but it didn't help.
danechek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danechek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 2:03pm
It turned out that the problem was a defective 13600KF. I changed it to another one of the same and everything started working as it should!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic