ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E PRO RS Win11 problems with raid drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ks2n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E PRO RS Win11 problems with raid drivers
    Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 3:30am
Hello, i have i suggest a pretty average problem when trying to install win 11 on a fresh PC. I am trying to create a raid array as in the ASUS docs, than i download the NVMe_DID drivers (whooppie! it's called Floppy - took me like an hour and a half to find them under such name). Afterwords i am going to install win 11 and already on the second step while installing rcraid.inf i don't receive any messages as of those that are written in the ASUS Installation GUIDE chapter 5, i tried to install all of 3 in the guide order but every time i receive the same message - drivers not found and no virtual disk in installation.
I've tried all, setting UEFI defaults, setting AHCI in SATA config, disabling/enabling NVMe raid. nothing helps.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by n1ks2n n1ks2n wrote:

than i download the NVMe_DID drivers (whooppie! it's called Floppy - took me like an hour and a half to find them under such name)

hmm

so anyway you installed rcbottom driver and then you got stuck at installing rcraid driver?

here is copy paste from amd forums:
Quote 1. Disable CSM (compatibility support module) in the motherboard BIOS, typically found under the Boot men, save and exit.

2. Depending on if you are planning to use nVME or Sata Raid, you need to enable one or both of these options in the BIOS, save and exit.

3.Enter the Raidxpert2 menu in BIOS, you need to initialise (writes some data to the drives to prepare them for Raid) all hard drives that will be used for Raid. This option will be in the Raidxpert2 menu, so check all options.

4. Once all drives have been initialised, configure your desired Raid level (0,1,10) in the Raidxpert2 menu, select the nVME/SSDs you wish to use in Raid, save and exit.

5 Download the Raid drivers which will be needed prior to Windows Installation and place them on a USB stick. Revision Number 9.3.2.00255 File Size 3.3 MB. Download them here > https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am5/x670

6. Head to MS Website, download MS USB Tool to create Windows Installation Media https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

7. Boot from the created installation media. Begin Windows Installation.

8. On the final installation screen, load the Raid drivers from the USB stick. Load them in this order, one after the other. RCBottom, RCRaid, RCCfg.

9. Once all Raid drivers are loaded, the multiple drives you selected for Raid should combine into one drive. Complete Windows installation.

Edited by kerberos_20 - 22 Feb 2024 at 1:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic