ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

SM951 on Z97M Fatal1ty Motherboard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
schickenipple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schickenipple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 11:45am
I have a samsung SM951 PCIe M.2 SSD and would absolutely love to use it to boot with my Fatal1ty Z97M Killer board. It's on the supported list. so it should work, right?

I was able to install Windows 8.1 on the drive but now cannot boot to it. The motherboard recognizes it but will not boot. Powering the system only boots to the UEFI. I have tried every combination of boot settings I possibly can and it simply won't try. 

The closest I got was in the storage options, with RAID type selected and CSM enabled to UEFI for storage, the Windows 8 loading animation (a bunch of balls spinning in a circle) would pop up with the ASROCK logo and then tell me an error had occurred with Windows. It would try twice and then give me the option to try again, boot to UEFI or power down the PC. 

I have messed with this for hours and really could use some advice. It seems as though other users were able to make this work with a UEFI update, but 1.40 seems to be the newest one available on ASRock's website and that is the version I'm running. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic