ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 extreme 6 - Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roybr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 extreme 6 - Help
    Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 8:02am
Hello, guys I need some help, after trying to disable vt-d on the bios and selecting the option save and exit on the bios, my computer rebooted with a black screen. It doesn't show anything, and everything else seems to be working fine. My mobo is a asrock z170 extreme 6.
I've tried to clear the cmos but with no results. Any suggestions for the solution? Thanks in advance!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Roybr Roybr wrote:

Hello, guys I need some help, after trying to disable vt-d on the bios and selecting the option save and exit on the bios, my computer rebooted with a black screen. It doesn't show anything, and everything else seems to be working fine. My mobo is a asrock z170 extreme 6.
I've tried to clear the cmos but with no results. Any suggestions for the solution? Thanks in advance!

That makes no sense, I've disabled VT-d on my similar board, and it made no difference like you described.

The Primary Graphics Adapter option is just above the VT-d option, any chance you changed it?

What are you using for graphics?
Roybr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roybr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 9:05am
I've tried to connect the monitor using hdmi and display port on the internal graphics and on my amd r9 390 msi. Still, all black and no signs of change.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:37am

I've tried to connect the monitor using hdmi and display port on the internal graphics and on my amd r9 390 msi. Still, all black and no signs of change.

How are you clearing the CMOS/BIOS?

What CPU are you using?

What BIOS version are you using?
Roybr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roybr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:41am
I did the exact same process described in the fixed topic on this forum to clear the cmos. My cpu is a Intel 6700k. I was using the most recent version (2.5)
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 11:52am

I did the exact same process described in the fixed topic on this forum to clear the cmos. My cpu is a Intel 6700k. I was using the most recent version (2.5)

So you mean you removed the board's battery, and moved the CMOS jumper into the Clear position?

If that is right, is the battery in the holder with the + side up? You must see the CR2302 on the battery.

Did you forget to move the CMOS jumper back to the normal position?

If you did this all correctly, you might want to try starting the PC from the backup BIOS.

That procedure is described on page 23 of your board's manual:

Be sure to read the instruction carefully and completely. If you can boot the PC with the backup BIOS, your main BIOS seems to be corrupted. You'll need to do the Secure Backup UEFI procedure if that is what happened. Check the BIOS LEDs with the PC connected to power and running to be sure what BIOS you are using.

I would also check if you moved the BIOS Selection jumper instead of the CMOS jumper. The BIOS Selection jumper is just below the two CMOS chips. The Clear CMOS jumper is below that jumper, at the very bottom of the board.

Roybr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roybr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:50pm
Also tried this procedure, checking the manual at all times and it didn't worked. It changed to bios two with the led indicating, but it had the same problem.
I might be doomed.
The jumper are at the correct positions too.
Thanks for all the support man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic