ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970 Pro3 r2.0 post debugging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iskandar96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970 Pro3 r2.0 post debugging
    Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:04am
I recently bought a 970 Pro3 r2.0, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the post checks. I'm trying to debug the issue with the information found here:

http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=286

However I'm not sure what the 'debug code' column is referring to, but I'll describe my situation:

No CPU, memory or GPU - no beeps
CPU. No memory or GPU - 3 beeps
CPU, memory. No GPU - 5 beeps
CPU, memory and GPU installed - no beeps, no video

Without knowing exactly what the debug code column refers to, I'm left stumped as to whether my CPU or GPU needs changing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 8:47am
What make, model, size, and how many sticks, is the memory you''re using?

Did clearing, not simply resetting, the BIOS help?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Iskandar96 Iskandar96 wrote:

http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=286

However I'm not sure what the 'debug code' column is referring to,

Sorry. The Debug Code column refers to the two multi-segmented LEDs that some ASRock MBs have that display debug codes instead of beeps.

Here's a more through "Beep Code" list. FYI, yours may not be capable of all the beeps displayed.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/ami-beep-codes.htm

Edited by wardog - 22 Jul 2016 at 5:00pm
Iskandar96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iskandar96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 8:05am
Thanks for the extra resource!

I've currently got two sticks of both hyperx blu 4gb @ 1600 and two sticks of hyperx fury @ 1333. I've tried single sticks in A1 and B1 as well as filling both channels. I repeated this with both types of memory in all of the test cases described but not seen any difference in the outputs
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 12:29pm
Most likely 99.99% sure those 2 separate and different kits will not play together as 4 installed on the MB.

Pick whichever kit, install them in slots A2 and B2, clear the BIOS, and retest.

What are the PNs of the two kits you have? Are they each compatible with the MB according to Crucial?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic