ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Overclocking G41C-GS R2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote startmenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Overclocking G41C-GS R2.0
    Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 3:11am
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there's any guide on how to overclock G41C-GS R2.0. Its said its a good motherboard for overclock. 

I have a processor IntelĀ® Core?? Quad Processor Q9550 but i cannot find any forum or blog on how to overclock it. i have tried overclocking before with a gigabyte motherboard but asrock is different and its quite difficult to overclock without any proper knowledge. 

Any help would really appreciated. 

Thanks in advance! 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 12:29am
Originally posted by startmenu startmenu wrote:

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there's any guide on how to overclock G41C-GS R2.0. Its said its a good motherboard for overclock. 

I have a processor IntelĀ® Core?? Quad Processor Q9550 but i cannot find any forum or blog on how to overclock it. i have tried overclocking before with a gigabyte motherboard but asrock is different and its quite difficult to overclock without any proper knowledge. 

Any help would really appreciated. 

Thanks in advance! 

First of all, a mother board is not what is over clocked, it is the processor/CPU that is over clocked.

The mother board and most importantly the BIOS of the board is what allows a CPU to be over clocked.

You said you over clocked with a Gigabyte board, did that board use the same CPU that you use now, the Intel Q9550?

Here is a good guide for over clocking the Q9550:

http://www.scan.co.uk/images/shops/intel/Intel_Q9550_Core_2_Quad_basic_overclocking_guide.pdf

The mother board and other parts they use in this guide are different than yours, but the basic concepts are the same, as well as many of the names of the BIOS options you will change to OC your CPU. You don't need to have the same parts listed in the guide to OC your CPU.

If you search (Google, etc) on "Q9550 overclock", you will find more information about over clocking your CPU.

Your mother board is not made for very high over clocking, it does not have a very strong voltage regulator stage for the CPU. You will also need good CPU cooling when you OC as well as a good power supply.

odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:49am
I only found 344,000 results for OC your CPU. LOL

You should use one of the OC apps that is on the download page, this way the app will bump up clock evenly where it is needed.  

Until you study all about  it, stick with an OC app. You don't even need to study for a specific CPU, but how to OC in general a CPU.

Edited by odiebugs - 18 Jul 2015 at 2:50am
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic