ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to buy DeskMini 110

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drosene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy DeskMini 110
    Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 3:15am
I purchased the brand new DeskMini 110 with the new mini-STX form factor motherboard from NewEgg a couple weeks ago. It and the other parts I purchased arrived promptly, assembled easily and has been performing great. Now I want to buy a second but they are out of stock at NewEgg and I can't find anyone else selling them anywhere!

Where can I purchase another one of these great systems.

PS I also have an Intel NUC but after working with the DeskMini 110, won't be buying anymore NUC's
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 3:27am
And still no Review left on NewEgg? TongueCry

Give me a day or three to maybe locate one for you?

The DeskMini 110W, correct?
drosene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drosene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 5:23am
I posted a review on NewEgg. It is under Edith C. because it was purchased under her account.

drosene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drosene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 5:27am
It could be the one without WIFI because I received the card and antenna's with my first purchase and didn't need them for that build. I can use them in the second if its just the DeskMini 110 (not 110W).
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 10:06am
k'
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by drosene drosene wrote:

I purchased the brand new DeskMini 110 with the new mini-STX form factor motherboard from NewEgg a couple weeks ago. It and the other parts I purchased arrived promptly, assembled easily and has been performing great. Now I want to buy a second but they are out of stock at NewEgg and I can't find anyone else selling them anywhere!

Where can I purchase another one of these great systems.

PS I also have an Intel NUC but after working with the DeskMini 110, won't be buying anymore NUC's

Intel helped design the Deskmini 110... and may have helped kill the NUC. Ouch

Why the NUC costs so much, besides including a CPU, escapes me. The DeskMini 110 and any compatible processor is cheaper.

No idea where to find one for purchase. I hope ASRock is increasing production of these PCs now!

I was reading a thread in another forum recently, where the OP was trying to modify a NUC case for extra cooling. Turns out he somehow put a higher TDP processor in it, which was causing problems. IMO, he is dreaming.

I was so close to buying one of these, should of while I had the chance! I have several unused Intel box CPU coolers that are taller than the Skylake CPU cooler, which will fit in the case. Not to mention a Dynatron CPU cooler that will fit the mother board, and has a backplate.

ASRock will be releasing the board for the DeskMini 110 as a standalone product:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-STX/

BTW, this forum post appears on the first page of the Google search results about this PC sold at Newegg.
drosene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drosene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 2:31am
FYI, NewEgg has the DeskMini 110W back in stock and now that I have placed my order I thought I would post the info here too! It does seem odd that no one else seems to have them although I have no complains with NewEgg and have purchased from them for years. The small shipping charges more than offset the taxes collected by Amazon and the cost of Amazon prime.

Edited by drosene - 04 Aug 2016 at 2:32am
ASRock_Official View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_Official Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:20am
Really glad you love the product, and thanks for the review on newegg too!
DeskMini is a interesting product, it's perfect for those who doesn't need a additional graphic card, I think people finally started to understand that on board graphics are actually much more powerful then you think, especially for Skylake platform when 2133MHz is the base frequency for DDR4, very important for integrated graphics.

And I think Parsec is right, this might actually be the first review/feedback from an userTongue

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by drosene drosene wrote:

FYI, NewEgg has the DeskMini 110W back in stock and now that I have placed my order I thought I would post the info here too!

Awesome honest Review on NewEgg. Couldn't have asked for more. It's appreciated.

Go NewEgg and ASRock for putting more into inventory so fast. Wink Thanks guys and gals.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:34pm
I gotta say, I love the concept of these little boxes. The fact is, it is a desktop that is barely larger than a NUC. The vast majority of system users are not gamers or at the very least do not play overly demanding games. Even MMOs like World of Warcraft will run adequately on the integrated iGPU at low settings. Taking gaming out of the equation the desk mini is the perfect system for many users, it is affordable, upgradable and takes up very little space on your desk/near your TV or wherever you should choose to deploy it. Throw in an i5 or i7 and 16gb of RAM and there is next to nothing this little thing can't do outside of intensive gaming.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic