ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error 99 when DVI connected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error 99 when DVI connected
    Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 11:58pm
Just built a new system with the Extreme 7+ Z170 motherboard and my existing Gigabyte GTX 1070.  However, when I plug in my secondary monitor using DVI (it's the only option), the system won't post and the motherboard displays error 99 on the LEDs.  If I unplug the DVI cable to the second monitor, everything boots fine.  I'd been using the 1070 for a month with no problems on my prior system.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 2:14am
Two things come to mind here.

First being is your PSU, w/o any 4-pin molex adapters in use, natively have an 8-pin motherboard power connector AND also native 6+2 PCIe with which is powering the card itself?

Second is, are you running the latest and greatest BIOS, 3.10,  just released yesterday on Aug 2 2016?

Otherwise, with the above two considerations addressed it may need a BIOS update to accommodate the 1070, which itself isn't unheard of with new video cards.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic