ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 bios flashback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 bios flashback
    Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 9:23pm
Greetings
I am trying to biosflashback the ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2.
It just blinks 3 times then goes to solid green. I followed all the steps and downloaded the latest bios here https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B650M-HDVM.2/index.asp#BIOS.

Is there anything I am missing?
By the way
the usb drive I used is a 3.0 version but the port seems to be a 2.0 I have no usb 2.0 drives at the moment to test.

thanks for the help
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 3:24am
I can confirm it worked with second pendrive for me - I used the USB flashback when i first received my motherboard as it was not booting at all - one pendrive didnt work at all, the second worked w/o problems and the MB works no problem 9 months now.

I dont know if pendrive USB version is relevent. IMO it's more about the pendrive compatibility. I had pendrives in the past that i simply could not make bootable (=visible to bios) or were bootable only in certain PCs and vice versa - PCs booting only certain pendrives. Bioses cant load as much drivers as OSes or download them from internet and will be always more picky. IMO This is usb controller - bios compatibility dependant.

The instruction says to rename the unzipped bios file to "CREATIVE.ROM" and use fat32 format.

You might try to repartition the drive. Check both GPT and MBR.

Edited by M440 - 20 Mar 2024 at 3:30am
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
Jay150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:17am
Yes it was the pendrive.
I used a different one actually since I had no other drives a usb card reader with an tf card in it worked.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic