ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z97 Proffesional,questions about the new 2.50 BIOS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z97 Proffesional,questions about the new 2.50 BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z97 Proffesional,questions about the new 2.50 BIOS
    Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:03am
Originally posted by RigasGR RigasGR wrote:

Hello from Greece.

I have a Proffesional Z97 gaming mobo, i see that released the new BIOS 2.50 (OK i see it now) and said NVme support added, what means ?

I can setup a 950 Pro Samsung as boot device and be OK? 

Yes i know that limited to x2 PCI band, but i think a can add a PCI-e card to resovle this.

Also why in the search motherboard is missing from list.

You have a Fatal1ty Z97 Professional board, correct?

Add NVME support means you can use NVMe SSDs as the boot/OS drive, that is correct.

If you use an M.2 to PCIe adapter card, and put it in the PCIE2, PCIE4, or PCIE6 slot, then a 950  Pro would get the full PCIe 3.0 x4 connection it needs for full performance.

If you use  an M.2 to PCIe adapter card, a video card will then be limited to PCIe 3.0 x8, but that won't reduce the video card's performance.

If you mean why is the Fatal1ty Z97 Professional board not listed with the other Z97 boards on the ASRock Motherboard Series page, that is because it is no longer being sold by ASRock.

If you type in "Z97" in the Search box on the Motherboard Series page, the Fatal1ty Z97 Professional will be included in the search results.
RigasGR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RigasGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:19pm
Hello from Greece.

I have a Proffesional Z97 gaming mobo, i see that released the new BIOS 2.50 (OK i see it now) and said NVme support added, what means ?

I can setup a 950 Pro Samsung as boot device and be OK? 

Yes i know that limited to x2 PCI band, but i think a can add a PCI-e card to resovle this.

Also why in the search motherboard is missing from list.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic