ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

K10N78hSLI-WiFi bios flashen P1.20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hkcburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K10N78hSLI-WiFi bios flashen P1.20
    Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 6:42pm
Hello i have a Motherboard: K10N78hSLI-WiFi with biosverion: P1.10 and i want to flash the bios of K10N78hSLI-1394, this is versionP1.20.
My motherboard gives "unknown cpu", this is: QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 940.
In bios version P1.20 is this proccessor known!
And it is, in my opinion, the same board ! But why can i not flash it?
I want to use Virtualbox, bat the cpu is unknown in the version i have!

Hans from the Netherlands.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by hkcburg1 hkcburg1 wrote:

Hello i have a Motherboard: K10N78hSLI-WiFi with biosverion: P1.10 and i want to flash the bios of K10N78hSLI-1394, this is versionP1.20.
My motherboard gives "unknown cpu", this is: QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 940.
In bios version P1.20 is this proccessor known!
And it is, in my opinion, the same board ! But why can i not flash it?
I want to use Virtualbox, bat the cpu is unknown in the version i have!

Hans from the Netherlands.

To review, you have an ASRock K10N78hSLI-WiFi board.

You want to use the 1.20 BIOS of the
K10N78hSLI-1394 board, which is a different board model, not the K10N78hSLI-WiFi board you have.

You may think the board's are the same, and in most ways they are. But we don't know that the BIOS is the same, and it can't be since the
K10N78hSLI-1394 does not have WiFi. There are other reasons why the two boards use different BIOS.

Why do you think you can use the BIOS of a different mother board, in your board?

That is not allowed, the BIOS of each board is different. The error message you see about the CPU may not be correct, but the BIOS update program is detecting the difference in the BIOS files, and is not allowing the update to be done.

You could ruin your board by updating it with the BIOS of another board. That is why it stopped during the BIOS update.
hkcburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hkcburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 4:53pm
Thank you for your answer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic