ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intel MAC addresses are invalid in both CMOS/FLASH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel MAC addresses are invalid in both CMOS/FLASH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerryBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 5:12am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by GerryBoy GerryBoy wrote:

I have a z97e-itx/ac which I updated the bios to 2.10 from the Website.
Now when I boot I get the error message "Intel MAC addresses are invalid in both CMOS and FLASH"

The 2.10 UEFI for the Z97E-ITX/ac board is dated 6/29/16. So almost two and a half months old.

This is the first thread about this problem I've ever seen. It seems odd IMO that we've never seen this issue until now. Sure, I could have missed some threads, but all of them? That is, if it is related to the UEFI 2.10 update.

Any UEFI update should not change or rewrite the MAC addresses, so why did they apparently become corrupted?

GerryBoy, what method did you use to update the UEFI to 2.10?

Please don't try to run the UEFI 2.10 update you did again, until we know what method you used.

I used the internet option in the bios.
I will try what you suggest with the usb stick....
Thanks
GerryBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerryBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 5:59am
tried again. My usb was my boot drive C: so nothing wrong with that.
Looked at help files on usb.
Instead of using the command "mac cxxxxxxxxxxxx", I used "mac w", this gives you the option then to input the mac address with a scanner or keyboard.
When I keyed in my mac address D06099xxxxxx. I got an error saying not supported and there was a list of mac addresses with the first 6 digits listed that was supported.
I noticed D06099xxxxxx was not in the list but D05099xxxxxx was.
I tried again using the w(keyboard method) using D05099xxxxxx. It was successful this time.

My eyesight must be starting to go Tongue. I must have read the sticker on the motherboard wrong. I have not checked it again as there are a lot of cables in the way......

Anyway it is sorted now. Thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks again.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic