ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 No sound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesJB50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 No sound
    Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 6:16am
Hi guys I have Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 10158.

The problem that I am having is the Realtek audio software does not work in Windows 10,if I uninstall them then sound works.

Just curious if Windows 10 audio software will come out soon?

Please help :(
Windows 10 Home 64bit
i7-4790k 4.0ghz
16gig ram
GTX 970 SC 4gig
500gig SSD
ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 12:28pm
I doubt there will be any windows 10 driver releases from any motherboard manufacturer until windows 10 is released. You may be able to find something on the Realtek site or forums. This is due to the ever evolving nature of pre-release builds, windows 10 is essentially in beta and as such is subject to frequent change.

If the sound is working without the software installed then it is probably using a native windows 10 driver. While this is less than ideal given the stripped down nature of most native microsoft drivers it should still be adequate for most functions.
JamesJB50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesJB50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I doubt there will be any windows 10 driver releases from any motherboard manufacturer until windows 10 is released. You may be able to find something on the Realtek site or forums. This is due to the ever evolving nature of pre-release builds, windows 10 is essentially in beta and as such is subject to frequent change.

If the sound is working without the software installed then it is probably using a native windows 10 driver. While this is less than ideal given the stripped down nature of most native microsoft drivers it should still be adequate for most functions.

I did try;

Drivers

With no luck,anytime I would switch from Stereo to 5.1  the sound stops working :(
I did use the 64bit of course.

Edited by JamesJB50 - 05 Jul 2015 at 5:05am
Windows 10 Home 64bit
i7-4790k 4.0ghz
16gig ram
GTX 970 SC 4gig
500gig SSD
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 5:13am
The only other thing I can think of that you could try is installing the standard windows 8.1 64 bit drivers and software (from the Asrock download page for your board) and see if that works. If that doesn't you will likely just have to wait for proper windows 10 drivers to be released.
JamesJB50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesJB50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The only other thing I can think of that you could try is installing the standard windows 8.1 64 bit drivers and software (from the Asrock download page for your board) and see if that works. If that doesn't you will likely just have to wait for proper windows 10 drivers to be released.

Ok thanks I will try that.

Windows 10 Home 64bit
i7-4790k 4.0ghz
16gig ram
GTX 970 SC 4gig
500gig SSD
JamesJB50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesJB50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 8:24am
Hi instead of creating a new one I will ask here.

Ok I have windows 10 Home non preview my sound still does not work right in windows 10 it worked great in windows 8.1 meaning all speakers worked.

I have reinstalled the drivers I found here a few times with no luck :( its getting so frustrating and annoying;

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H97%20Pro4/index.us.asp?cat=Download&os=Win1064

Since Windows 10 all 6 of my speakers do not work just 4 and in some games only 2,so any idea they gonna fix the problem with new Windows 10 drivers soon?  I really hope so :(

I have tried switching to 7.1 and 5.1 speaker config with no luck.

I might be switching out the Motherboard in a few months cause I really can't and was told it wasn't recommended to try and Overclock with my current board. I may switch to this Motherboard,I might even have better luck with on board sound,seems like a better quality Motherboard;

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97agaming7

According to this site it says my Motherboard is Windows 10 Ready,I have to disagree,they need to fix the sound problem,I am sorry to say untill they fix the problem I will not recommend the Motherboard. I expect everything to work right before I recommend stuff.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H97%20Pro4/index.us.asp 

As you can see it says my Motherboard is Windows 10 Ready.

Windows 10 Home 64bit
i7-4790k 4.0ghz
16gig ram
GTX 970 SC 4gig
500gig SSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic