ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

All PWM fans not detected after swapping SSD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubulubu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All PWM fans not detected after swapping SSD
    Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 12:48am
As titled, I just upgraded my SSD from a cheapo WD520 to a 1TB Crucial T500 (sick ssd btw).

I migrated the OS with MiniTool Partition Wizard and everything seems to be going fine. After windows bootup on the new SSD, I noticed FanControl (an app I use to modify cpu fan speed with respect to GPU temp) giving a notification that all fans connected to the motherboard PWM fan header aren't detected anymore.

I also checked in HWInfoMonitor, BIOS, etc. seems like it's not showing up there either.

All the fans still turn on actually, it's just that I can't modify the speed either in BIOS or windows now, which kinda sucks.

I have tried:
- Clearing CMOS
- Reflashing BIOS (I am already at the latest BIOS ver.)
- Disconnect/reconnect the cpu fan PWM header, and swapping the PWM slots as well
Even though the fan itself isn't detected, the bios still allows config for each fan header to be in DC or PWM. I have set it as PWM.

None seems to solve the issue. Anyone has any ideas? This makes the fans I've set up not following the curves I've setup ;-;, this impacts temps dramatically.

Thanks in advance.

Relevant specs:

ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX (BIOS v3.40)

Ryzen 5800X3D

Crucial T500 1TB (no other storage besides this)

Tower Cooler: Phantom Spirit 120SE

Case fans: Scythe Kaze Flex 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic