ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Taichi Bios Won't Update - Stuck at 2.02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthbayJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Taichi Bios Won't Update - Stuck at 2.02
    Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 2:23am
I have been trying to update my bios to the newest version 2.10 but every time I try, it doesn't update. I have tried both methods with Instant Flash and Flashback. I even tried to update to 2.06 and also 2.08 but still the same with it stuck at 2.02.

I have tried resetting the bios to factory settings and then updating but no luck.

When I use Instant Flash the percentage scale comes up but the PC just reboots and goes back to windows. I reboot back into the bios and see it's still at 2.02.

Any suggestions??
supreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 4:41am
I got exact same issue but even older version bios. I have - X670E Taichi Carrara
There is something wrong with latest bios not starting update
SouthbayJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthbayJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 1:43am
Seems like we're the only ones with this issue?? Any idea how we can get actual support fromAsrock??
supreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 3:22am
I managed to update to 2.10
Bought new 16GB stick and reformatted to FAT32. renamed the rom file to creative.com and used bios flashback. Then it worked.

I can conclude that starting bios update from inside bios doesnt work with these motherboards. Thats just silly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthbayJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 5:51am
I'll swing by the store tonight and pick up a new USB and try it like that.
supreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 7:18pm
Hope this helps, i bought this https://www.amazon.com/GOODRAM-16GB-UME2-Yellow-USB/dp/B081S1K4R4

Also there was typo, filename has to be creative.rom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthbayJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 3:07am
Awesome thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthbayJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 3:58am
Getting anew USB solved the issue. Not sure what was wrong with my other one, it was formatted to FAT32 and has no issues in Windows. Anyway thanks for the suggestion!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic