ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

EP2C602-4L/D16 problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnEnglish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by AtticusLake AtticusLake wrote:

Hi, just to add my experience to this:

I built a system with the same MB, two HyperX FURY 8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz, and a Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 750Ti 2GB PCI-E GPU (just to get an HDMI port).

When I powered the system up, I got nothing at all except a green LED on the MB just below the power connector, and another flashing by the PCI slots -- no fans, nothing on either video out.

Removing the GPU made the MB power up normally, and I was able to run it via the VGA output.  I tried this several times while messing with the PCI settings in BIOS (e.g. changing the PCI version to 3, and back to 2), and it was totally consistent -- GPU in, dead as a doornail; GPU out, worked fine.

I rushed out to PC World and got an Asus GT710 GPU, and it works fine.  So I guess this MB isn't compatible with some GPUs.  Ouch.

My next problem was random crash / reboots, which was apparently due to Windows 10 -- it seems it's not compatible.  I'm now running Linux which is fine.  I've heard Windows 7 works fine too.

All the best!
I just want to say thank you for this post. I have been struggling to try and figure out why my computer wouldn't boot. I could get it to boot with one CPU but not two. And when it did boot on one CPU it took a long time. After reading this post I took out my Gigabyte GT740 card and it booted up perfectly and very quickly. Looks like I'll be swapping the Gigabyte card out for the Asus GT710 too.
augustin22ro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote augustin22ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 10:05pm
Hello. I'm posting here my problem because I was not able to find a solution for starting a new topic.
So here is my problem!
I bought a new motherboard from a friend of mine. It is a AsRock Rack ep2c602. He bought it a few years ago but never used it. I tried to test it with a cpu e5-4620 v1 and a 8gb dimm of ram on it. The mobo start for a few seconds than stops and after that it start again for a few seconds and so on. I talked with AsRock support service and they were very nice people. They send me a Rom chip and a bios chip. I changed both chips and there is no change. Hope I'll find a solution here. I also have a little video with the mobo behaviour. I could't find a solution to upload it here. So i used wetransfer. This is the video link:https://we.tl/t-JkCxnubpdi
Thanks in advance.
Augustin
augustin22ro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote augustin22ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 1:11am
I found how to make a new topic. It is called "AsRock Rack EP2C602 no post".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic