ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - not all channels working on 5.1 sound on H97M Pro4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

not all channels working on 5.1 sound on H97M Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wedge85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not all channels working on 5.1 sound on H97M Pro4
    Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 2:23am
I am trying to run Analog 5.1 channel audio on my PC.  I open up realtek HD Audio Manager and I set it to 5.1 speaker configuration.  I plug the front speakers into the green jack and they work fine.  Realtek recognizes they are plugged in.  I plug the rear speakers into the black jack and they also work fine and realtek recognizes they are plugged in.  When I plug the sub/center speak into the orange jack I get no sound and realtek does not recognize the jack is plugged in.  I know my wire and my speakers work because I can switch the plugs around and receive the rear or front speaker sounds out of my sub and center speakers.  The speakers only do not work when plugged into the orange jack on the mobo.  

What I have tried:
I have downloaded the latest bios and drivers from ASRock's website.  I have done a fresh install of the OS.  I have also RMA'd the motherboard and the new mobo has the same issue.  I have gone to Realteks website and downloaded the driver from there, but it was the same one as the driver i received from ASRock.

System specs:
Mobo: H97M Pro4
CPU: Intel Core i3-4160
Graphics:   Onboard (Intel 4400HD)
RAM:  Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Speakers: Acoustic Audio AA5817
PSU: CORSAIR CX series CX500 500w
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V+100 SVP100S2/96G

Thank you for your help.  I am out of ideas so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Wedge85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wedge85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 11:06am
I discovered the problem.  It was an issue with realtek HD audio driver (and software).  I unistalled the program from control panel, restarted windows, and windows loaded the basic windows audio driver that actually works.

DO NOT install the audio driver recommended on ASrock website.

Edited by Wedge85 - 07 Jul 2015 at 11:06am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 1:05pm
Thanks for posting back with a fix Wedge85. I am sure anyone else with this problem will benefit from your post Smile
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 10:36pm
The drivers from Asrock are the 7004, the drivers posted on Realtek are the 7541, so  the problems with this 892 hardware is any realtek drivers and not just what Asrock has posted.   I assume  Asrock will run this scenario  to contact Realtek and let them know if the problem wasn't user to realtek interface errors.
asrocking
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 10:57pm
P.S.  Nowhere does the poster say they entered the speaker setup config and set the config to 5.1 and ran a test on the 5.1 or even tried 7.1.
asrocking
Wedge85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wedge85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 8:31pm
I did set up the speakers to 5.1 in setup.  Using the realtek driver, sound works fine in stereo and in Quadratic.  However, since the driver does not recognize the orange jack there is no way to get 5.1 sound to work properly.  An ASrock rep on a different forum said he would contact the driver guys and alert them.  Good catch on the driver on realteks website being different I did not notice that.

I did not try 7.1, obviously because I only have 5.1 speakers :)
Wedge85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wedge85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Wedge85 Wedge85 wrote:

I open up realtek HD Audio Manager and I set it to 5.1 speaker configuration

Just to make sure we are reading the same thing.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 12:32am
So we are even :),   you didn't notice  the driver version and I was blind to the first sentence. 

Wow, time for glasses huh. 

I know it might be redundant, but can you try going to the speaker icon in taskbar, rt ck go to playback devices , LF ck on speakers and configure speakers reboot.  

There are so many posts on so many boards about this, some people have turned off stereo, changed  enhancements,  changed  bit HZ,  some weird things have returned working results. 

Can you go back to the realtek interface,  speaker config and try checking speaker fill,  reboot,  can you do this for each, swap center and enable bass.  TY if you don't mind.

Edited by odiebugs - 10 Jul 2015 at 12:39am
asrocking
Wedge85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wedge85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 2:34am
Sorry, but now that i have uninstalled realtek drivers and the basic windows driver is working, I am just going to leave it like that.  I have never liked realteks sound manager.  It always seems more complicated than necessary, and never works right.   Its working.. I am happy.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:04am
Wasn't sure, but I'm glad you don't care for the realtek interface and it's working for you with win drivers. 

Just a fyi, as of now the newest driver is a 7548, seems like twice a month they trow out a new one,  but there not on the realtek site and  beta's are not there either. Just in case you ever want to play around I though I would let you know about the new one and new ones come up fast.

Have a great day and thanks for the reply, sorry we didn't have a perfect resolution for the problem.
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic