ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

asrock 970a-g/3.1 xmp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hypnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: asrock 970a-g/3.1 xmp
    Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 1:56am
Hello i'm new here and i'm sorry for my bad english i use google translate often and i'm not pro in pc hardware and overclocking.
So i purchased asrock 970a-g/3.1 http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970A-G3.1/  motherboard and i have 2x4gb. geil evo potenza 2400 ram's they are Intel XMP Ready check here - http://www.geil.com.tw/products/showSpec/id/421 .
How can i enable it or i just cant in thes motherboard my pc spec is:
CPU - AMD fx 6300
RAM - 2x4gb. geil evo potenza 2400
GPU - Radeon HD 7970 Vapor X
And whatever i try timings it's not succeed above from 1600  and she is 2400 after i shutdown the pc i nead to resset bios.
Thanks if somebody help me.

Edited by Hypnotic - 04 Oct 2016 at 2:02am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Hypnotic Hypnotic wrote:

Hello i'm new here and i'm sorry for my bad english i use google translate often and i'm not pro in pc hardware and overclocking.
So i purchased asrock 970a-g/3.1 http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970A-G3.1/  motherboard and i have 2x4gb. geil evo potenza 2400 ram's they are Intel XMP Ready check here - http://www.geil.com.tw/products/showSpec/id/421 .
How can i enable it or i just cant in thes motherboard my pc spec is:
CPU - AMD fx 6300
RAM - 2x4gb. geil evo potenza 2400
GPU - Radeon HD 7970 Vapor X
And whatever i try timings it's not succeed above from 1600  and she is 2400 after i shutdown the pc i nead to resset bios.
Thanks if somebody help me.

Your board does not have an option to use an Intel XMP profile.

It is not unusual for an AMD board to not have an option for an Intel XMP profile.

But we can try to set the XMP settings manually in your BIOS.

First, some things you need to know:

The Memory Support List for your board states that an AMD six core CPU will support DDR3 2000 speed memory. You have a six core AMD FX-6300 CPU.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970A-G3.1/?cat=Memory 

But any memory speed above 1333 is a memory over clock, from your board's Specifications:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970A-G3.1/?cat=Specifications

A CPU or memory over clock is not guaranteed to work. We also do not know the full model number of your memory, and the only Geil memory in the Memory Support List has a top speed of 1600.

Since your Geil memory will work at 1600, it may be able to work at a higher speed such as 2000. There is only one model of memory in the Memory Support List with a speed of 2400, which is AMD memory.

Your board's manual states for memory with 2100 or 2400 speed, the memory should be put into the A2 and B2 slots. If you need to move your memory to those slots, be sure to clear the BIOS/CMOS after you do that, and before you start the PC again. You will need to reset ALL of the BIOS settings you change from default values, every time you clear the BIOS/CMOS.

The first thing to try is to set ALL of the memory timings to Auto. Do that by setting the DRAM Timing Control option to Auto. Then set the DRAM Frequency to either 1866 or 2000 and see if the the PC will start.

If it does not start, try increasing the DRAM voltage. Try 1.55V or more, but try to stay below 1.6V.

If the PC starts fine and is stable with the memory at 1866 or 2000, you can try to go higher than 2000. But again, since you are doing a memory over clock, it is not guaranteed to work.

You can also try to set the timings manually. In the BIOS, DRAM Timing Control screen, look at the DRAM Slot information, under the XMP1 heading. Those are the defined timings to use when the memory is at 2400. You then must set each of those values yourself, if you can. Setting the DRAM Timing Control option to Manual should let you do that.

If none of this works for you, or you can get to 1866 or 2000, that is just the best you can do with the memory you have, and your CPU. A memory speed of 2400 is the maximum memory over clock this board possibly can achieve, but memory speeds that high are not automatically possible for any board using DDR3 memory.

Hypnotic1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hypnotic1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:54pm
I'm same man Hypnotic the forum have some extreme delay and i cannot reset my password so i make new acc.
So in my Bios i have XMP as in the pic  but on xmp 1.3 profile i'm 11-13-13-30 1.65v. 2400 when i press profile 1 and on  DRAM VOLTAGE 1.650v.
Model number is on thes pic i thing - 

Edited by Hypnotic1 - 04 Oct 2016 at 11:58pm
Hypnotic1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hypnotic1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 11:50pm
I just put into the A2 and B2 slots and chose xmp 1.3 and voela now i have 11-13-13-30 2400 :)
Just perfect asrock thanks for your quality product Clap
Please admin delete the post no neadet for me anymore.

Edited by Hypnotic1 - 07 Oct 2016 at 11:52pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Hypnotic1 Hypnotic1 wrote:

I just put into the A2 and B2 slots and chose xmp 1.3 and voela now i have 11-13-13-30 2400 :)
Just perfect asrock thanks for your quality product Clap
Please admin delete the post no neadet for me anymore.

We will not delete this thread, they are here so others can learn from them.

So the A2 and B2 slots did work for you, as I told you to try. Did you forget or not see that?

My question is, where did the XMP profile option in your BIOS suddenly come from? You said you did not have that option, and I did not see it in the manual.
Hypnotic1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hypnotic1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:05am
I choose a picture from another asrock on internet its same as on it it and A2/B2 working fine on A1/B1 its work only what the mainboard choose nothing more and i try to say when i chose XMP it's crash after save it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic