ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Memory leak after chipset and BIOS upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote og-y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memory leak after chipset and BIOS upgrade
    Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 10:10am
Hi all,

I upgraded my chipset to the v6.02.22.053 package, Mostly for the PSP Driver since I had an error in my Device Manager. I also took the opportunity to upgrade from BIOS 1.24.AS02 to the latest (at the time) 2.10.

Since then, about once a day I'll sit down at my computer and it will be very unresponsive. Task Manager shows 99% RAM utilization. Going through Task Manager, Resource Monitor, Process Explorer, and a few other tools, the usage is not reflected in running processes.

Google-fu told me it was most likely a driver issue, which made sense since I had just updated. Using poolmon, I see the tag `Acrl` with the source tcpip.sys has a lot of allocs and 0 frees, which I understand to mean that's likely my culprit.

I'm unsure what my next steps should be. Any help would be appreciated.
Alexs09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexs09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 11:55pm
Polychrome lets me connect the RGB on my fans, RAM, and GPU. It detects all of them and lets me control them all. When I turn on Synapse, it stops controlling the GPU though. The fans and RAM work fine, just the GPU and I don't know why on https://vidmate.bet/?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic