ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X-99 WS-E Graphics Card Clearance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaineThePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-99 WS-E Graphics Card Clearance
    Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 5:39am
I am looking at using a X99 WS-E to make a new build and I'm worried about the clearance between the graphics card and the x-fan chipset cooler. I'm planning on installing two GTX 980s from EVGA with reference coolers in SLI (Part#: 04G-P4-2982-KR)

Will they fit over the X-fan cooler and the back of the PCIE port?

Thanks for any help 

BlaineThePilot 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 1:48pm
There shouldn't be any clearance issues with the chipset cooler. After looking at a ton of reviews on the WS-E I saw no mention of clearance issues or problems with SLI/Crossfire configurations. In fact it received very positive reviews and looks to be a particularly solid board. 

Stupid reviews, now I want one Tongue
BlaineThePilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaineThePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 2:37pm
Thanks. Everything I've found supports that I just wanted to be sure. And I know how you feel once I found this board I found it hard to look at any others.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 2:59pm
Glad to be of help, post back here if you go through with the build I would love to hear how it performs Wink 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic