ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty 990fx killer 2-Pin Audio?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwag_myers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty 990fx killer 2-Pin Audio?
    Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 8:08am
I messed up and bought an IDE DVD RW drive instead of a SATA. I hate to return it, so I'm wondering if I can get one of those $5 IDE to SATA adapters and make it work. My question to you fine learned ones concerns the 2-pin HD Digital Audio output of the drive. Do I need to hook it up to the MB? And, if so, where? The only connection I see for audio is a 9-pin in the bottom-left corner of the board, which I'm already using for a front panel audio port.

There's also a 4-pin analog I can use if necessary.
You've been Kwagulated!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 2:21pm
Unless you are planning to use audio CDs in the drive there is no need to hook up the audio cables. I am surprised they even still exist today.
kwag_myers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwag_myers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 6:36am
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I can't believe they still make the IDEs anymore. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box. My fault for not reading the specs.
You've been Kwagulated!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic