ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IOBit Driver booster seems to have screwed my perf
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

IOBit Driver booster seems to have screwed my perf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOBit Driver booster seems to have screwed my perf
    Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 4:38am
My performance.

Okay, i'll start by saying sorry for my bad english, and I'll try to explain this best as possible.

It all started when i still had 8 GB ram and GTX 680, at some times in Dota 2, i could get massive lags, so i thought to ask a friend, who said i should try and use Driver Booster 3, from IOBit, so I did, and yeah everything changed to be positive for some time, then I bought 16 gigs ram + GTX 1070, used DDU to remove the old driver, and installed new card and ram. everything started to run smooth even in Dead by Daylight, so a friend told me he needed to format and needed a program to install the most of it by few clicks, so i showed him my Driver booster, and how it worked, so i had some driver updates, think it was some chipset drivers and that, i installed them, and it seems my Dead by Daylight performance kinda got screwed, I am now sitting trying concidering reinstalling my Windows, but I can't really see if everything i need for my Motherboard is updated on ASRocks website, I am using this motherboard www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87 Extreme6/
My specs are:
i5 4670K, 16 gigs HyperX Fury 1866 MHz, Corshair 750 Watt fully moddular PSU, ASUS Rog STRIX 1070 120 GB SSD and my 7200 RPM HDD 500gigs only for games. i don't know what I've done wrong, but i maybe thinking can my mobo also be getting fried? and if that's so how do I check that? I'm not the best with the parts inside a computer, but I hope you guys maybe can help me to the bottom of my issue.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Akiro Akiro wrote:

My performance.

Okay, i'll start by saying sorry for my bad english, and I'll try to explain this best as possible.

It all started when i still had 8 GB ram and GTX 680, at some times in Dota 2, i could get massive lags, so i thought to ask a friend, who said i should try and use Driver Booster 3, from IOBit, so I did, and yeah everything changed to be positive for some time, then I bought 16 gigs ram + GTX 1070, used DDU to remove the old driver, and installed new card and ram. everything started to run smooth even in Dead by Daylight, so a friend told me he needed to format and needed a program to install the most of it by few clicks, so i showed him my Driver booster, and how it worked, so i had some driver updates, think it was some chipset drivers and that, i installed them, and it seems my Dead by Daylight performance kinda got screwed, I am now sitting trying concidering reinstalling my Windows, but I can't really see if everything i need for my Motherboard is updated on ASRocks website, I am using this motherboard www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87 Extreme6/
My specs are:
i5 4670K, 16 gigs HyperX Fury 1866 MHz, Corshair 750 Watt fully moddular PSU, ASUS Rog STRIX 1070 120 GB SSD and my 7200 RPM HDD 500gigs only for games. i don't know what I've done wrong, but i maybe thinking can my mobo also be getting fried? and if that's so how do I check that? I'm not the best with the parts inside a computer, but I hope you guys maybe can help me to the bottom of my issue.

Sorry but not much usable information in your post. One main thing missing is, what OS are you using?

To review what happened on your PC:

Using old video card, you had "massive lags" in DOTA 2. You used Driver Booster 3, to automatically install drivers for you (I hate those programs.) Performance improved, but no information about what was installed by the program. (This is unrelated to your current issue.)

Added more memory and new 1070 video card. Removed old video driver with DDU. Nothing said about installing a new video driver for the 1070. Happy with new video card performance with DbD game.

Ran Driver Booster 3 again, that you think installed "chipset drivers". After that, DbD performance changed, it was worse, no description about in what way(s) it was worse. Worse in what way, is a small start.

Next, you apparently don't trust Driver Booster 3 now, and are considering installing Windows again, but don't know what is up to date on your board's download page.

Finally, you are wondering if your sudden performance problem is caused by your mother board failing.

Your main problem here is you are not personally in control of what is being installed on your PC. A program does it for you. You don't know what video driver version you were using before it was replaced by another version, by software that decided for you what the newest driver is.

Another issue is, you assume that "new" and "updated" drivers and software are always better. That is false. New driver and software releases that were shortly afterwards completely removed from download pages, are many and infamous. I can think of many I've seen and used myself, even from companies like Intel. A major mother board manufacture just removed BIOS updates for ALL of their Intel 100 series chipset boards, that is adding compatibility for a new Intel processor generation. They did not work properly. Video drivers have problems like this several times a year.

The main thing you need to check is the Nvidia video driver version installed on your PC. Go to Control Panel, and click Programs and Features, to bring up a list of drivers and software. Look for an Nvidia or Asus video driver in the list.

Next, find your video card's information page on Asus's website. Find its driver links, and check the version numbers. Compare them to your video driver's version number. You are simply trying to find out where you are regarding video card drivers, and what is available from your card's manufacture.

New video driver installations can reset all your game settings to default values, which can affect performance.

Are you aware you can rollback a driver installation in Device Manager, for almost anything? If the "new" one is not good, but the previous one was, which should you use?

Driver Booster 3 keeps a list of what it installed apparently. Do you know how to see it?

"Chipset drivers" could be many things, from INF files to Intel's IRST RAID software. But they won't affect video performance.

If you don't know which video driver version you are using, and its source, you have some catching up to do as a PC gamer. You are still in gaming Console mode, plug in a cartridge and play with no knowledge of what is behind it all.

Akiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 8:10pm
Ran Driver Booster 3 again, that you think installed "chipset drivers". After that, DbD performance changed, it was worse, no description about in what way(s) it was worse. Worse in what way, is a small start.
- I started to get some frame drops, where it would go from 62-58-55 and i can feel the "stutter"
Next, you apparently don't trust Driver Booster 3 now, and are considering installing Windows again, but don't know what is up to date on your board's download page.
- I didn't say I don't trust it though, i just feel it might have given me wrong drivers or something? they were new and I didn't think they'll upgrade Chipset drivers
The main thing you need to check is the Nvidia video driver version installed on your PC. Go to Control Panel, and click Programs and Features, to bring up a list of drivers and software. Look for an Nvidia or Asus video driver in the list.
I know what version I have, using Geforce Experince Vers. 373.06
New video driver installations can reset all your game settings to default values, which can affect performance
- Dead by Daylight have Low, Medium, High and Ultra + Dota 2 nothing was changed at all.
Are you aware you can rollback a driver installation in Device Manager, for almost anything? If the "new" one is not good, but the previous one was, which should you use?
- I am not, I don't really mess with that part.
Driver Booster 3 keeps a list of what it installed apparently. Do you know how to see it?
- No I don't
"Chipset drivers" could be many things, from INF files to Intel's IRST RAID software. But they won't affect video performance.
- But then maybe something in Driver booster must have been installing.
The reason I asked for the boards own website it's because when I used Driver Booster it found newer drivers for my Chipset and that's why I want it confirmed it's the newest drivers and what to install to get top performance?

YousafTamor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YousafTamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:55am
You should try new Iobit Driver Booster 8 Crack is fixed all bugs. It updated all driver latest and upto date with one click.
Free Stuff Download
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic