ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X99 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StJorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X99 Taichi
    Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:11am
Hi did anyone tried to use Xeon E5-2675v3 on this motherboard? Or did anyone tried to use this xeon cpu in any asrock x99 board?
E5-2675v3 is an OEM cpu and i cannot find it in the cpu support list of asrock taichi.
But i learned in Asus x99 deluxe, this cpu can be used without issue even though it is not listed in the cpu support list of asus x99 deluxe.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 3:59am
For that CPU I'd contact ASRock Tech Support HERE and inquire.

I myself would imagine so, but to KNOW from ASRock that it is FULLY supported would be priceless.

Oh, yea. It does NOT show in the Taichi's supported processors. but that may not mean it wont work. Seeing it was customized for a few oem ONLY's, that ASRock would even bother to list compatibility doesn't surprise me in the least.

Keep us posted when you hear back from the Techs.

Edited by wardog - 22 Oct 2016 at 4:00am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by StJorge StJorge wrote:

Hi did anyone tried to use Xeon E5-2675v3 on this motherboard? Or did anyone tried to use this xeon cpu in any asrock x99 board?
E5-2675v3 is an OEM cpu and i cannot find it in the cpu support list of asrock taichi.
But i learned in Asus x99 deluxe, this cpu can be used without issue even though it is not listed in the cpu support list of asus x99 deluxe.

If that particular Xeon CPU uses a different CPU microcode than the other E5 v3 Haswell Xeons, then it might not work. Since all of the Xeon E5 v3 and v4 processors are compatible with the first UEFI/BIOS version in the board, if the microcode is the same for your E5-2675 v3, then it will work.

No way to know that, but if it does work in that Asus board, by the same logic I described above, it will work on the Taichi IMO.

As wardog said, ask ASRock support about it.
StJorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StJorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 6:34pm
Thanks for all of your replies. How to contact Asrock tech support anyway?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by StJorge StJorge wrote:

Thanks for all of your replies. How to contact Asrock tech support anyway?

See my first reply. Hint, the orange HERE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic