ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - my com can't recognize graphic card(gtx1060) and p
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

my com can't recognize graphic card(gtx1060) and p

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrludj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my com can't recognize graphic card(gtx1060) and p
    Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 1:08am
my system is like below.
CPU : i5 6600k
mobo : h110m-hdv
graphic card : msi gtx1060 6gb armor oc
BIOs: American Megatends P7.10 
(- I already flashed mobo bios -> UEFI ver. is 7.10
- I check bios setting that graphic card priority is PCIe -> onboard, multiple graphic card is disable.)

almost things are working well, except graphic card, PCIe.
I tried to install latest gtx driver on geforce homepage, but install stops with the massage : "compatible graphic card not found" something like that.
And device manager, cpu-z, gpu-z all of them can't find graphic card, only recognize intel HD 530(I already take the action with DDU : but it doesn't have a effect on recognizing graphic card).

** I check something strange on my CPU-Z : 
there are the information in mainboard tab - Graphic Interface : Version PCI-Express / Link Width : x0 /Max. supported : x0

Fan of gtx1060 card is working, if the card put in PCIe slot.

my question is : 
1. is my PCI-E slot all right? is that working well?
2. how can I make windows recognize graphic card?

Thank you in advance. I'll wait your help.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by mrludj mrludj wrote:

my system is like below.
CPU : i5 6600k
mobo : h110m-hdv
graphic card : msi gtx1060 6gb armor oc
BIOs: American Megatends P7.10 
(- I already flashed mobo bios -> UEFI ver. is 7.10
- I check bios setting that graphic card priority is PCIe -> onboard, multiple graphic card is disable.)

almost things are working well, except graphic card, PCIe.
I tried to install latest gtx driver on geforce homepage, but install stops with the massage : "compatible graphic card not found" something like that.
And device manager, cpu-z, gpu-z all of them can't find graphic card, only recognize intel HD 530(I already take the action with DDU : but it doesn't have a effect on recognizing graphic card).

** I check something strange on my CPU-Z : 
there are the information in mainboard tab - Graphic Interface : Version PCI-Express / Link Width : x0 /Max. supported : x0

Fan of gtx1060 card is working, if the card put in PCIe slot.

my question is : 
1. is my PCI-E slot all right? is that working well?
2. how can I make windows recognize graphic card?

Thank you in advance. I'll wait your help.

You did not list your PSU, which is?

I'll run through card related problems, and then board related problems. Sorry, some are super obvious.

Eight pin power cable for your video card connected? Correct cable for PCIe power, not the eight pin CPU power cable, they are different.

Is the card seated in the slot correctly? User reviews of this card mention it being long and heavy, and sagging, or bending downward on the right side of the card. That could pull it out of the PCIe slot, if it is not screwed in tightly with two screws on the case mounting points. Is the locking latch on the PCIe slot moved up into its locked position?

The information from CPU-Z is interesting. My Z170 mother board has four PCIe x16 slots, but the only one shown in CPU-Z is the first x16 slot. CPU-Z shows the correct Link Width and Max Supported.

Since your CPU-Z shows 0 for both of those, it is possible the PCIe slot is defective. Also, if there are any bent pins in the CPU socket used for the PCIe 3.0 lanes (which come from the CPU), then a card would not be detected correctly.

What bothers me is your CPU-Z's display. I have a Z97 board PC, that does not have a video card in it, it uses the Intel integrated graphics. This board has three PCIe x16 slots. The Mainboard tab of CPU-Z shows nothing at all in the Graphics Interface section, everything is blank, not x0.

That seems to say that CPU-Z is detecting that something is in the PCIe slot on your board, but something is wrong that causes CPU-Z to be unable to detect the Link Width and Max Supported.

What causes that? Could be a defective slot. Or the video card is not getting all the power it needs to operate, or is not correctly seated in the PCIe x16 slot. It could also be a defective card, the fans spinning does not indicate the rest of the card is working.

Can you test the video card in another PC? Or try a different video card in your PC?
mrludj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrludj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 3:48pm
Thank you for your answer.

- PSU of my room com(that had a trouble) is POWEREX REX III 600 Triple V2.3.
- I just tried my video card on other com in my office, it works.
   = the com's psu has no 8-pin cable, so I couldn't connect psu to video card, but when I turn on the com, there are message like this "connect power cable to video card", so I think my video card works and have no problem.
- I think PCIE slot of my mobo in my room com(H110M-HDV) has problems.
- I'll change OS Win10 to Win7, and if It's not working I will try to send my mobo to manufacturer.
- is there something else I should try to my room com before I send my mobo to manufacturer?

Edited by mrludj - 22 Oct 2016 at 4:03pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 7:41pm

= the com's psu has no 8-pin cable, so I couldn't connect psu to video card, but when I turn on the com, there are message like this "connect power cable to video card", so I think my video card works and have no problem.
- I'll change OS Win10 to Win7, and if It's not working I will try to send my mobo to manufacturer.
- is there something else I should try to my room com before I send my mobo to manufacturer?

That 1060 needs an 8-pin PCI-E power connection to it to run properly. Plain and simple. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

That it "ran' on the other com is mute. Believe me.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:10pm
I think he meant the other PC did not have a PCIe power connector for the card but showed a "connect power" warning which I am assuming he does not get on the machine the card is intended for.
mrludj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrludj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:57pm
Yes, I think my vid card has no problem, and my trouble's cause is not OS(Win10) compatibilty problem.
Here are reasons why I suspect like that.

- The office com that I seated my vid card show the message : "connect power cable to vid card"
 - If my vid card doesn't work or cann't be recognize on my office com, there should be no message on booting my office com. I think that means my office com's PCIE slot matches with my vid card at least.
 - And That message show in CMOS booting stage before WIN7 booting stage. I think that means if my room com's mobo was working rightly, That had should recognized my vid card on UEFI booting stage no need to go on stage of WIN10 system.

What do you think about this?

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Edited by mrludj - 22 Oct 2016 at 11:04pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I think he meant the other PC did not have a PCIe power connector for the card but showed a "connect power" warning which I am assuming he does not get on the machine the card is intended for.

Yes, that is obvious IMO, but how do we know that a different mother board would do the same thing, display that message? That would be easy to test for, on the PC at home, just don't connect the eight pin PCIe power cable.

I doubt changing to Windows 7 will make any difference, not at the hardware level like this.

I would not be 100% certain that the 1060 video is working perfectly from your test in the office PC. I would still wonder about the card until I knew it worked as it should, fully connected to a PSU.

The office PC might "know" there is a card in the PCIe slot, but that it does not work for some reason. So it displays that message. But since the video card did not have a power cable connected, it cannot work correctly. So I think that test does not prove 100% that the video card is working. Did the fans spin on the video card when it was in the office PC?

You could test your PC at home with a different video card. But that is about all you can do, besides trying a different PSU.

Edited by parsec - 22 Oct 2016 at 11:03pm
mrludj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrludj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 2:55am
Today I tried to put vid card of my office com to my room's com.
-> my room com didn't recognize vid card that was working on my office com.
-> CPU-z, GPU-z don't regognize vid card too. Showing that PCIE slot x0 x0.

+ when I go to UEFI mode, keyboard and mouse doesn't work. what is the cause? I'm puzzled.. Cry

What should I understand this result?

I'll waiting your answer.
Thank you in advance.

Edited by mrludj - 24 Oct 2016 at 3:00am
jarekk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:59pm
I have similar issue with GTX 1050 TI Gaming X 4G

I have exactly same main board ( H110M-HDV ), same bios version ( P7.1)
550W Corsair Power supply with 6/8 pin header for card supply ( 1050 TI uses 6 pins)

Same result - nothing.

The card is just not seen by bios
To be absolutely sure, I have booted Ubuntu ( from usb stick) and lspci does not show the card.

Same info in CPU-Z - PCI Express Link width x0 Max supported - x0

So - whats wrong then ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic