FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z87 Bios update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 10:30pm
Couple of things. DO NOT use Internet Flash, instead use Instant Flash from within the BIOS itself. That's experience talking there.

Be sure you've downloaded the 3.40 Instant Flash BIOS file to use with Instant Flash.

Do a format of the stick(s) to FAT32 prior to unpacking the Z87Ex43.40 file from the downloaded zip file onto the stick.

It must be one of the two rear usb 2.0 ports next to the P/S2 Combo port at the very top of the rear I/O panel.
harja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 8:12pm
Hello, 

I am running a Z87 Extreme4 board with i5 4670K. I have an older bios version from 2013, and I've tried to update the bios to the newest version.

I have a problem with the Instant Flash tool. I have the BIOS file in FAT32 USB-stick. When I select the Instant Flash, the menu freezes and becomes unresponsive and I can't proceed. The tool still recognizes the correct (and only) file in the USB drive by name, but I cannot do anything and I have to force restart. 

I have cleared the CMOS. I have tried two different FAT32 USB-sticks in USB2 and USB3 back ports. I have disabled the UEFI audio (F4) and even removed my sound card (this was some known issue). The problem still persists. 

I can't use the Internet flash option due to my internet setup. I can't flash in Windows ("Unable to update the BIOS due to your OS") because I am running Win10 x64. 

I am out of ideas, any help? 

Edited by Xaltar - 30 Oct 2016 at 10:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic