ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Will ProfessionalGaming i7 get Kaby Lake support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will ProfessionalGaming i7 get Kaby Lake support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KainZufall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will ProfessionalGaming i7 get Kaby Lake support
    Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 11:36pm
Hi,

I wanted to know, if the AsRock Fatal1ty Z170 Professional Gaming i7 will get a update for Kaby  Lake/Core i 7th generation support? I have the option to get one cheaper and would only buy it, if it could run the coming intel CPUs.

Hope you guys know, thanks.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 11:48pm
I will go out on a limb here and say definitely.
KainZufall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KainZufall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 12:09am
I was unsure, because other boards (my K6 for example) got an update almost 2 months ago while the i7 didn't.
Would the coming 200 series chipset be much better than the 100 series? In other words would it be worth waiting for the new chipset?
As I said, I have found a cheap AsRock Z170 Gaming I7 (even cheaper than the K4 in my area; I can get it new from a friend) and don't really know, if it would be worth it for a 7th generation intel core i7 build.

Edited by KainZufall - 07 Nov 2016 at 12:10am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 12:23am
I am afraid I know about as much as you do. All I do know, based on leaked info around the web is that the major feature of the new 200 series will be the chipset improvements. Have a google about the Z270 chipset and see what pops up. From what I am seeing there will be incentive to upgrade, even from Z170 but I suspect you may need a Kaby Lake CPU in order to get the full benefit. 

Again, this is all speculative. I do know that many ASRock boards are still in process of getting their Kaby Lake BIOS updates (100 series). Given the Gaming i7 is a high end board I highly doubt it will be passed over. It is a very solid board and you won't regret getting it, Kaby Lake will bring changes but as to whether they will be of any use to you depends on your usage. One leak hinted at more PCIe lanes which could be good for multi GPU setups but if you are using a single GPU then it wouldn't make much difference to you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic